Celebrity Reflection Aft Balcony Question

avic77

Posted (edited)

I have searched the cabin spreadsheet, you tube, Facebook, regular google and cannot get a diffinative answer.

I have Cabin 1696 book on Celebrity Reflection. In a picture I found, it looks like the balcony is wider then other balconies, all the center blaconies from deck 12 to deck 6 look to be a little wider. I have found that for decks 6-10 this is noted on a deck plan website, but there is no such note for deck 11 and 12.

Can anyone confirm if this balcony on deck 16 is bigger and that area is accessable for the cabin occupants?

Image I found attached and cabins circled. Not my picture.

Thanks

CelebReflectionAft.png

Edited by avic77

Posted (edited)

Just to clarify, the stateroom decks are 6 - 12 as you correctly indicate.  However you also mention deck 16 I'm guessing in error, as there is no deck 16 with staterooms.

I have not stayed in a Reflection aft facing stateroom, so I don't have direct experience. However pictures don't lie. Your stateroom is on deck 11, which going by the picture provided, would have your and the other center area staterooms in those deck stacks with a wider veranda.  Judging again from the picture which shows a deck chair in the wider area, that would tell me that it is accessible to use.  

I also don't see any indication on the Celebrity website Reflection deck plans that specifically state that the veranda is wider for decks 6-10. Not sure where you are seeing that. But as mentioned the picture indicates decks 6-12 with similarly sized wider verandas.  There are also other pictures on line showing the aft of Reflection that show the same as your picture, so I would have to guess this information is accurate.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes, cabin 1696 and 1673 have larger balconies.  This is consistent with the middle 2 SV on each Deck.  The xtra size is due to a storage closet, which doesn’t have a balcony making for a slightly larger balcony for those cabins. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just to clarify, the stateroom decks are 6 - 12 as you correctly indicate.  However you also mention deck 16 I'm guessing in error, as there is no deck 16 with staterooms.

Oops you are right I meant deck 11 cabin is 1696.

I found the noted information on a website that specializes  in "cruise deck plans" it's easy to find with a Google search 😉

Also asking as I don't know how refurbishments may have changed this area if at all.

Thank you for you help

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, avic77 said:

Also asking as I don't know how refurbishments may have changed this area if at all.

Thank you for you help

As that wider veranda is structural resulting from a storage closet located there on those decks, as indicated by @jelayne, that would not change during a refurb.  And if there was any resulting stateroom reclassification, that would be indicated on the website deck plans, which it is not.  It is currently a C1.

That location IMO would be very desirable for two reasons: first the fact that is it aft facing on a higher deck (with staterooms between you and the Oceanview Cafe), and two, because of the larger veranda.  Enjoy!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

We sailed on Reflection last month in 8348 - selected this cabin specifically because the balcony was larger. All the cabins in this 'line' are slightly wider.

We had lots of space and would book this again in a heartbeat!

• Thanks 1