Princess UK TA booking. Outstanding balance showing but all paid.

We have never booked with Princess via a TA. I have a cruise this mid-June on Sky Princess. I paid the TA early February although the Princess pay-by date was mid March. I noticed early April that my Princess account still stated that I had circa £4k outstanding. I spoke to the TA and they said it was an accounting issue between them paying Princess on invoicing and Princess doing the adjustments.

I looked again last week and the same amount outstanding. The TA reassured it had been paid. The Princess agent said it had not been. I asked the TA to check with their accounts staff and get back to me by Friday. They did not. Have emailed again. Unfortunately am in Spain at the moment on leave. 

Anybody have any experience of a time lag between TAs paying Princess and the money clearing the outstanding accounts. In the past I have booked direct with Princess or Celebrity. Wish I knew about the Price promise when I booked. So much easier direct!

On your bank or credit card statement does it show the payment has been made to the travel agent or direct to Princess. Some TAs take the payment and then process to the cruise line about 2 weeks later. We now use a TA who has a system in place where, although they take the payment, it is shown as a direct payment to the cruise line. If you have to escalate this you need to know exactly who the payment was made to. I would be pushing for an answer. 

I have evidence on Amex card and from the TA too. Just spoke to them and was given the same promises as I received a few weeks ago… Demanded manager call me back and to speak to Princess to find out why not showing. 

Good you paid by Amex. I have found them to be excellent when I have had problems. Hopefully it will not come to that and between Princess and the TA they can get this resolved to your satisfaction. Good luck. 

Is the payment on your Amex to Princess or your travel agent? If Princess, you're all set. If it's to the travel agent, I would go into my account on Princess.com and check and, possibly, call Princess directly and have them confirm they are in receipt of your money. The only thing that matters is that Princess has received your money. 

I paid TA the balance via Amex. TA called back and said they had spoken to Princess who will update my account as having paid by end of week. They blame Princess for showing balances on my personal webpage. I cannot see why that would take so long. 

I’ll wait and see what happens by end of week. Our friends who booked separately had the same experience. I will not be using the ’ to …. and beyond’ TA again

• Like 1

There is a UK TA I have used one time only who takes final payment way in advance of Princess final payment date, and holds onto your money. They had £8k if my cash at one point last year causing me no end of stress. It was paid in time but I was not super happy.