Booking an accessible cabin on Princess

My husband and I are currently booked in a regular balcony cabin on the Coral Princess for a Panama Canal cruise in March 2025.

Currently there are no accessible cabins in any category available to book.

I have been told by two different reservation agents that they do not offer a waitlist for disabled cabins.

Is this true or have I even given wrong information? I also checked with the access department and they told me to check with reservations.

Any help greatly appreciated.

We are booked on a Princess Panama cruise in 2026 and changed from a regular to an accessible cabin about 3 months ago and there were only a couple left; they obviously get booked out well in advance.

Posted (edited)

There is always a shortage of accessible cabins, whoever the carrier. We find that on popular cruises, we have to book almost as soon as booking opens and even then, there is often limited availability.

It's a mystery why they don't have a waitlist though as there must be cancellations, and I have seen complaints from people being allocated one when they had no need.

Edited by Bob++
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I took a cruise on the ship enchanted princess this year.The ship had sold out. My stateroom was originally booked as inside guarantee. They/princess upgraded me to an wheelchair accessible.  The stateroom was very spacious large bathroom area. I am mobile have no problem doing stairs or the elevator or getting around. I thought that those rooms were solely for people that needed them.🤔 just saying.
Like any big large corporation it’s all about making money. They can charge more money for the inside state room and have four guests vs wheelchair accessible and only have two guests. Another strange thing about this upgrade I was being emailed by them/Princess regularly/suggesting that I bid for an upgrade. I ignore the emails with that type of offer bc I’m not willing to pay extra for an upgrade. I assumed/thought they sent those emails to everyone, hoping somebody will bite. 

Post #436 Princess forum - princess cabin reviews

Edited by shandryl
To see pictures offered more info