Up charge in MDR ON Beyond

nmsk5

I recently saw a copy of a MDR menu that showed prices for lobster, fillet, and one other item. Is there a charge for these?

26 minutes ago, nmsk5 said:

I recently saw a copy of a MDR menu that showed prices for lobster, fillet, and one other item. Is there a charge for these?

Those are everyday extras available for an upcharge.  When there is a day that lobster, for instance, is on the scheduled menu, there is no upcharge.  If you want to eat lobster every day, there would be an upcharge for the days it is not on the rotating menu.

• Like 1

Yes, and I believe the idea was to give folks the opportunity to get “specialty” items without having to book a specialty restaurant. I’ve never ordered an up charge item so can’t speak to taste, quality or value. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Those are everyday extras available for an upcharge.  When there is a day that lobster, for instance, is on the scheduled menu, there is no upcharge.  If you want to eat lobster every day, there would be an upcharge for the days it is not on the rotating menu.

However, the "lobster" that would appear on the MDR menu with no upcharge is far different from the lobster that would be served relative to the specialty restaurant menus with an upcharge. (Same with the filet or any other item that would be available with an upcharge. That's why they have an upcharge).

Edited by leaveitallbehind