Cadiz Spain Cruise Visit - Private Tour To Seville?

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, TeamAguilar said:

Can anyone recomend a private tour guide for a day trip from Cadiz Spain to Seville?

Seville is a VERY long day from Cadiz with minimal sightseeing time in a city which merits a stay of a few days.  You don't give the ages of your kids, but would they be able to cope with that?

There have been multiple past threads where visitors have debated whether to stay in Cadiz or make a long day of it visiting Seville. Cadiz itself has much to offer and ships dock in the centre making it easy to sightsee independently. Visitors are often surprised at how much they enjoyed their time there.Read some past threads to help you decide. Choose from these:

Cadiz

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=cadiz&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

Seville

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=seville&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, edinburgher said:

Seville is a VERY long day from Cadiz with minimal sightseeing time in a city which merits a stay of a few days.  You don't give the ages of your kids, but would they be able to cope with that?

There have been multiple past threads where visitors have debated whether to stay in Cadiz or make a long day of it visiting Seville. Cadiz itself has much to offer and ships dock in the centre making it easy to sightsee independently. Visitors are often surprised at how much they enjoyed their time there.Read some past threads to help you decide. Choose from these:

Cadiz

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=cadiz&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

Seville

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=seville&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

Thank you for the info, the kids can handle. We travel a lot and they are used to long days on trains in Europe. Ideally I was thinking a private tour guide with transportion. That would be ideal. Kids will be 10, 7 and 3 at the time of the trip. We spent a month in Europe last year traveling around.

We have 11 hours in port from 8 am to 7 pm. 

21 hours ago, TeamAguilar said:

We travel a lot and they are used to long days on trains in Europe.

On a private tour, more likely they will be sitting in a van  or minibus as there are a number of you.  Remember to check which of your preferred sights you should pre-book  to save losing time waiting in lines.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 5:13 PM, TeamAguilar said:

Ideally I was thinking a private tour guide with transportion.

Taking the train & booking a guide to meet you in Seville would make sense for a couple, I don't know the cost differential between train & van for 3 adults & 3 kids.

But you'll struggle to find a Cadiz-based guide who is sufficiently knowledgeable about Seville, and Seville is the sort of place where a knowledgeable guide makes a big difference. So if you want to do it by road you'll need either a rental vehicle that carries 6 or van+driver that carries 7 incl. driver. 

JB 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Kids will be 10, 7 and 3 at the time of the trip.

You will need to check the legal requirement in Spain  for all  of your kids to have car seats suitable for their ages and heights. In many EU countries they are a legal requirement up to age 12, but that you should personally check.  IF Spain is also age 12, then you will need to have three child seats and your tour company would need to be advised of this ahead of time unless you intend to supply your own.

Edited by edinburgher

We will be in Cadiz port in November.  I booked a day tour with Spain Day Tours  to Seville.  We have used them before were quite pleased 

Thank you for the info, the kids can handle. We travel a lot and they are used to long days on trains in Europe. Ideally I was thinking a private tour guide with transportion. That would be ideal. Kids will be 10, 7 and 3 at the time of the trip. We spent a month in Europe last year traveling around.

We have 11 hours in port from 8 am to 7 pm. 

Many cities require more than a day to fully appreciate, however we always view cruising as a taster or a chance to see somewhere we may never go again. As such and having done both Cadiz and Seville from a cruise, in my opinion Seville is somewhere not to be missed if you have the chance. It will be a long day, its approx 90 mins each way but you have plenty of time on your itinerary, we had less but still saw so much. Sometimes the port stops in Cadiz are much shorter and Cadiz is also a fantastic location to just wander around. Unfortunately I can't recommend a private tour as we did the cruise lines "Seville on your own" excursion which may prove expensive for 6 of you. Basically just a bus to Plaza de Espana and return. Seville is very easy to do on your own, just plan what you want to see. Queues to get into Alcazar were huge and would eat a huge chunk of a day visit sadly but other than that personally I think Seville is a must see.

On 5/22/2024 at 3:45 PM, Mrs f. said:

We will be in Cadiz port in November.  I booked a day tour with Spain Day Tours  to Seville.  We have used them before were quite pleased 

We will be taking a Spain Day tour when our cruise stops in Cadiz in late September. Like Mrs. f, we have used Spain Day Tours before and were very happy we did.

On 5/19/2024 at 3:30 PM, edinburgher said:

You will need to check the legal requirement in Spain  for all  of your kids to have car seats suitable for their ages and heights. In many EU countries they are a legal requirement up to age 12, but that you should personally check.  IF Spain is also age 12, then you will need to have three child seats and your tour company would need to be advised of this ahead of time unless you intend to supply your own.

In Spain, the requirements for child seats for cars are not based on age but rather on the weight of the children.

- Group O+, the newborn's own carrycot attached to the car
- Group 0, child seat with its own belts. It is positioned backwards. Up to 9 kg (8-9 months)
- Group I, child seat with its own belts. He positions himself forward. Up to 18 kg (3 years)
- Group II, child booster seat with back support. Use the car seat belts. Up to 25 kg (8 years)
- Group III, child booster seat. Use the car seat belts. Up to 36 kg (10 years)

Usually
- Group 0 and I chairs are the same (you simply put them in one position or another)
- and Group II ends up being used up to 36 kg. It is more comfortable for the child because he can sleep comfortably in the car. That is, the same group II chair serves as group III. However, if you are going to rent a car and they leave you only one booster seat (group III) it is perfectly valid.

From 36 kg and 135 cm in height, no child system is necessary for cars.

And to keep in mind, I had to put my two daughters in the Group II seat before they reached 18 kg. They had become very small and, no matter how much I tried to position the belts as much as possible, it was impossible for me to seat them comfortably.

If there is a traffic stop, they are not going to weigh the child to see if she is wearing the most appropriate one (unless it is something very obvious) but they are going to put a lot of emphasis on the seat belts being properly positioned.

In Spain there is a lot of awareness about the correct use of child seats.

And after all this nonsense, for the ages indicated, these chairs would be enough

- for the older boy, nothing

- for the second this

Las 7 mejores sillas de coche para bebé grupo 2/3 de 2024 - Guía y normativa

- for the little one, this: (for the second it can also be this)

Comprar Sillas de coche G.2-3 online · Bebés · Hipercor (28)

Here you have the information from the "General Directorate of Traffic" (DGT, official administration for mobility and traffic issues in Spain) in English

https://www.dgt.es/muevete-con-security/viaja-seguro/con-ninos/

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, alserrod said:

In Spain there is a lot of awareness about the correct use of child seats.

There most definitely is alserrod, possibly more than in some other countries, and I hope that TeamAguilar will find your  very comprehensive explanation of the rules helpful, although  unless he is "following" this thread he won't see it as you didn't "quote " him(quoting me instead) he wont be alerted to the new post.☹️

Edited by edinburgher

1 minute ago, edinburgher said:

There most definitely is alserrod, possibly more than in some other countries, and I hope that TeamAguilar will find your  very comprehensive explanation of the rules helpful, although  unless he is "following" this thread he won't see it as you didn't "quote " him(quoting me instead) he wont be alerted to the new post.☹️

you are true.... Well, I am suscribed to all threads where I have written something. I suspected it would happen the same way

Nevertheless, @TeamAguilar  you have there a full explanation about kids and cars in Spain.

People is really awareness on kids safety on cars and there are controls. Fine can be great if police catch you without safety and there aren't excuses.

And... may you need information how to move to Seville by train, just ask for it.