Cruise no longer available?

mvh

We are currently booked on the Poesia for 10 days on Sept 6, 2025 out of Copenhagen. Our friends decided to join us, but the cruise is no longer showing available. It is showing available the next day out on Warnemunde for 11 days at a much higher rate. Can it really be sold out a year and a half in advance? We booked about a month or so ago and there were plenty of cabins in all categories. This seems odd or is it just a typical MSC thing? It has been like this for over a week.

Hi

I have seen that...

on part of July and August

7 days cruise

Saturday, embarking in Copenhage, Denmark

Sunday, embarking in Warnemunde, Germany

2nd and 3rd August, though Norway

9th and 10th, through Sweden and Latvia

16th and 17th through Norway

23rd and 24th through Norway

30th and 31st, through Sweden and Latvia

September

They mix 7 and 11 days cruises

7th, from Warnemunde, through Estonia and Finland

16th, from Copenhage, through Norway

18th, from Warnemunde, through Norway

25th, from Warnemunde through Norway (but reaching Northern)

October

They go to Mediterranean

6th, from Warnemunde to Barcelona across Western Europe

15th from Barcelona to Marseille, Genova and back. 4 days cruise

It seems 19th October they will move away

so, it seems they do want everyone embarking at the same port. A bit weird after that program but...

I mentioned in another thread that my northern Europe cruise out of Copenhagen has vanished.  The same cruise leaving the prior date from Kiel, still shows as being available.  Perhaps there's some issue with Copenhagen?  Or, maybe they're simply not embarking/disembarking from Copenhagen?

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I mentioned in another thread that my northern Europe cruise out of Copenhagen has vanished.  The same cruise leaving the prior date from Kiel, still shows as being available.  Perhaps there's some issue with Copenhagen?  Or, maybe they're simply not embarking/disembarking from Copenhagen?

In order to have people embarking in several ports along an itinerary they have to set a defined amount of inventory to each departure port.

Early on, if they see one departure port is selling better or worse than others, they may do a reshuffle to maximise occupancy. This is why you will often see random A-to-B cruises with odd durations crop up as they try to fill leftover "holes" in the inventory.

So it may just be that they have already filled the inventory initially allocated to Copenhagen for your cruise.

That make complete sense and that is what I assumed. However, it just seems very early since this is so far out, Glad I didn't wait to book.

2 hours ago, mvh said:

That make complete sense and that is what I assumed. However, it just seems very early since this is so far out, Glad I didn't wait to book.

I agree, it does seem very far out. 😕

8 hours ago, FionaMG said:

In order to have people embarking in several ports along an itinerary they have to set a defined amount of inventory to each departure port.

Early on, if they see one departure port is selling better or worse than others, they may do a reshuffle to maximise occupancy. This is why you will often see random A-to-B cruises with odd durations crop up as they try to fill leftover "holes" in the inventory.

So it may just be that they have already filled the inventory initially allocated to Copenhagen for your cruise.

I don't think so, in this case.  The photo of the itinerary is gray, no extras can be bought (excursions/drinks/photos/dining/etc., so pretty sure something's up.

11 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I don't think so, in this case.  The photo of the itinerary is gray, no extras can be bought (excursions/drinks/photos/dining/etc., so pretty sure something's up.

Bummer. That does not sound hopeful. 😕

The cruise out of Copenhagen from 30 August until 06 Sep 2025 is available and is ending in Copenhagen, so why would they cancel the embarking from Copenhagen on that day, doesn't make sense for me. 

Check back in a few days as things change. Last week I checked on the EB Grand Voyage in November for the MSC Magnifica. Nothing was available for Balconies Miami to Lisbon. Today there must be at least 10 available.