Bullet Train. Yokohama

Cruise5life

I’ll be spending a day in Yokohama and wondering if it possible to take the bullet train round trip somewhere just to get the experience of riding the train?    Staying at the Hyatt Regency Yokohama.    
just looking for something to do for the day.    
thanks. 

6 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

I’ll be spending a day in Yokohama and wondering if it possible to take the bullet train round trip somewhere just to get the experience of riding the train?    Staying at the Hyatt Regency Yokohama.    
thanks. 

The nearest shinkansen station is shin-yokohama station about 10 km from your hotel, 30 min train ride from Kannai station or Sakuragichō Station.
You can ride the shinkansen to Nagoya in 75 min; Kyoto in 110 min, Osaka in 130 min, Kobe in 180 min, Hiroshima in 220 min,.....

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 1:30 PM, Cruise5life said:

thanks. 

We based in Yokohama for 5 nights and took the bullet train for 2 day trips one to Kyoto and another to Kanazawa (regular train to Tokyo Station and then bullet train to Kanazawa)

Easy. 

The Bullet Train station is on the outskirts of Yokohama but we easily got to it from trains at Yokohama station.

I would suggest you take a day and go to Kyoto.......Lots to do there and the bullet train passes by Mt Fuji.  We made it a long day and left early am and returned late pm. 

The bullet train was a highlight of our time in Japan....get onboard. 

• Like 2