Port of Miami - hotel help

I’m hoping to get some help with choosing a hotel.  Background info - Traveling from California.  We are on Wonder in Feb 2025 (Port Canaveral)  and the next month on Symphony at the end of March 2025 out of Miami, which is where I’m looking for advice.  One of the two cruises weren’t in our travel plans (traveling for a wedding, so combining weekend wedding w/cruise since we are traveling from west coast), so I’m trying to go “minimal” for our pre/post expenses.  I could fly into MIA or FLL.  I usually will stay at Hilton/Marriott level hotels and am open to the “suite” style (Homewood, Staybridge, etc.) or traditional hotel…I’m not brand loyal - just not open to “motel 6” level.  I feel like every hotel I look at in Miami is $300-$400+. Uber will be our transportation, and don’t need to stay close to port - I’m more interested in best overall value (hotel/uber/restaurant access), even if that includes FLL or airport hotels. I’m assuming Uber will be cheaper than renting a car, but open to suggestions if you think otherwise.  We will be flying Fri red-eye (arriving Sat morning), and Uber to port on Sunday for departure.  Suggestions for hotel/location?

For a Miami hotel try Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon. Comp hotel shuttle from MIA.

For a Fort Lauderdale hotel try Hyatt Place. Check rates with ValueTrips when their schedule comes out end of this year for reservations in 2025.

Renting a car if you're a Costco member check out their online rental prices.

8 hours ago, nanseev said:

I’m hoping to get some help with choosing a hotel.  Background info - Traveling from California.  We are on Wonder in Feb 2025 (Port Canaveral)  and the next month on Symphony at the end of March 2025 out of Miami, which is where I’m looking for advice.  One of the two cruises weren’t in our travel plans (traveling for a wedding, so combining weekend wedding w/cruise since we are traveling from west coast), so I’m trying to go “minimal” for our pre/post expenses.  I could fly into MIA or FLL.  I usually will stay at Hilton/Marriott level hotels and am open to the “suite” style (Homewood, Staybridge, etc.) or traditional hotel…I’m not brand loyal - just not open to “motel 6” level.  I feel like every hotel I look at in Miami is $300-$400+. Uber will be our transportation, and don’t need to stay close to port - I’m more interested in best overall value (hotel/uber/restaurant access), even if that includes FLL or airport hotels. I’m assuming Uber will be cheaper than renting a car, but open to suggestions if you think otherwise.  We will be flying Fri red-eye (arriving Sat morning), and Uber to port on Sunday for departure.  Suggestions for hotel/location?

For my March cruise out of Miami, Im staying at Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale.  Boutique style, but nice.  Flying into Fort Lauderdale, taking ride share to Hotel.  On day of cruise, taking Brightline to the closest stop to POM ( or ride share direct).  I think my room is priced around $250?  Last time I stayed at Pullman Hotel, Blue Lagoon.  Shuttle provided to/from MIA.  Option to purchase transfer to POM on day of cruise

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

For a Miami hotel try Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon. Comp hotel shuttle from MIA.

For a Fort Lauderdale hotel try Hyatt Place. Check rates with ValueTrips when their schedule comes out end of this year for reservations in 2025.

Renting a car if you're a Costco member check out their online rental prices.

I agree, Either the Hilton or Hampton Blue Lagoon. Free shuttles from airport, $14 shuttle to cruise port and I know the Hilton is around $150. 

• Like 1