SOR Juice Questions

I’d love to hear from anyone who has used the “fresh pressed juices” portion of the Splash of Romance package recently.

Some of the newer videos and articles I have read about the juices claim that you can collect your juice from any of the juice bars around the ship. They also make it sound like you can choose your juices, up to a $10 or $11 price point.

But the copies of the SOR letter I have seen list a specific place to pick up juices, and Virgin describes this benefit as “curated” juices, which suggests you don’t choose from the menu. Some people have reported being given two juice choices per day, which were pre-poured into glasses, and having to show their SOR wristbands to collect them. 

So what has been your experience? Did you get to choose your juices? Were you able to collect them from any of the juice bars? How were they billed: did you show your wristband and walk away without being charged, or were you charged and then the charge later reversed, as with the Shake for Champagne benefit?

Posted (edited)

On our recent Cape Town to Barcelona sailing on Resilient Lady, we got our daily juices primarily from the Gym and Tonic.  But we did get them once from the Dock too with no problem.  They just hand you the juice, don't even bother to scan your bracelet as long as you have the SoR band on.  I believe there were 4 or 5 juice options to choose from (they were the same options the whole 18 day cruise).  The cold pressed juices cost $10 to $11 each and are not included in the SoR program, just the fresh pressed juices which normally run around $5 to $6 each.

Edited by trippingpara
  • Like 2

On Resilient Lady last year I was told it was just at Gym and Tonic, but I never tried anyplace else.  Honestly, I didn't even have my SOR band on and they would just hand me a couple when I asked for them for my wife and I.  The juices themselves were in bags they poured them out from, so they pre made at some point.  There was one juice with ginger in it that ended up being the one I asked for most of the trip.

9 minutes ago, Tralfaz1138 said:

The juices themselves were in bags they poured them out from, so they pre made at some point.

Do you think they procure theme elsewhere and they are not even pressed on the ship?

9 minutes ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Do you think they procure theme elsewhere and they are not even pressed on the ship?

They seemed like refillable bags and didn't seem to have any "branding".  That said, I imagine they could have been made on the ship, pre-made and stored refrigerated for a week, or could be frozen.  I read elsewhere that, for ships out of Miami at least, they are pressed there and loaded up on the ship.  But given the cruise I was on left from Singapore, I can't imagine they lined up a supplier there to provide those juices.  So either they were prepared in Europe and loaded up in Athens then frozen to last for a month and a half, or prepared on the ship.

4 hours ago, trippingpara said:

On our recent Cape Town to Barcelona sailing on Resilient Lady, we got our daily juices primarily from the Gym and Tonic.  But we did get them once from the Dock too with no problem.  They just hand you the juice, don't even bother to scan your bracelet as long as you have the SoR band on.  I believe there were 4 or 5 juice options to choose from (they were the same options the whole 18 day cruise).  The cold pressed juices cost $10 to $11 each and are not included in the SoR program, just the fresh pressed juices which normally run around $5 to $6 each.

Thanks, this is helpful!

THey were not "FRESH pressed juices."  They are "COLD pressed juices" and are poured out of a carton.  They were available at only 2 bars during particular hours.

My understanding is that the program has now changed and that the juices on the SOR program are no longer the Cold press that anyone can buy for $11-13, but rather are additional options to the standard fresh pressed which sell for about $6.  Still limited to 2 bars and particular hours. 

Don't buy the program for the juices.  If you would purchase the Moet and the thermal suite passes anyhow, consider the juice and munchies an added treat.  If you won't use the Moet and/or thermal suite, it definitely isn't worth the package cost.

• Like 2