Travel Kettles

3 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Kettles are not offered as a suite amenity and the ship will only have a very limited number available for loan.

Therefore best that the office agents state that they cannot supply.

In this case “under promise & over deliver” seems the logical policy.

Coffee is our requirement in the morning and a friendly room service attendant always fulfills our request soon after we ring.

Regent should say they "cannot supply" when they often can and do? Cannot supply is a complete falsehood. Can supply up to some capacity limits is an accurate, positive customer focused answer.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Kettles are not offered as a suite amenity and the ship will only have a very limited number available for loan.

Therefore best that the office agents state that they cannot supply.

In this case “under promise & over deliver” seems the logical policy.

Coffee is our requirement in the morning and a friendly room service attendant always fulfills our request soon after we ring.

Our kettle on Voyager was brand new - still in its box. The butler told us that a member of staff had been tasked with buying ‘x’ number of kettles in Cadiz (our first port)!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, edgee said:

Regent should say they "cannot supply" when they often can and do? Cannot supply is a complete falsehood. Can supply up to some capacity limits is an accurate, positive customer focused answer.

First, this is a pretty minimal problem, one can always get hot water and tea bags from room service.

Second, if they say "cannot" and then "do," what a great benefit and unexpected surprise.  Better that than expecting a kettle and not getting it (I can already imagine the posts here if that happens).

Thirdly, it IS possible the TA got it wrong in verbiage. Who really knows what an agent says to a TA?  

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

First, this is a pretty minimal problem, one can always get hot water and tea bags from room service.

Second, if they say "cannot" and then "do," what a great benefit and unexpected surprise.  Better that than expecting a kettle and not getting it (I can already imagine the posts here if that happens).

Thirdly, it IS possible the TA got it wrong in verbiage. Who really knows what an agent says to a TA?  

Agree it is a pretty minimal problem. However when I am told something cannot be done by someone in the service business and then the company surprises me by doing it, I am happy my request was honored, but less respectful of the company for its incompetent inaccurate messaging.

40 minutes ago, edgee said:

Agree it is a pretty minimal problem. However when I am told something cannot be done by someone in the service business and then the company surprises me by doing it, I am happy my request was honored, but less respectful of the company for its incompetent inaccurate messaging.

How would you propose they answer the request, when there aren't enough to guarantee your access to one? Should they say "based on supplies," and then disappoint you when there isn't one available for you?  

Just now, GMIAC said:

How would you propose they answer the request, when there aren't enough to guarantee your access to one? Should they say "based on supplies," and then disappoint you when there isn't one available for you?  

I always believe in an honest answer. Just say they are generally available up to capacity limits. 

• Thanks 2