Does Explora have any classical instrument musicians?

Like a violinist or cellist? 

We love hearing the classical music, like during tea on Crystal or afternoons on Celebrity.   Anyone know?  And do they have a small band that can play jazz?  

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Atllindo said:

Like a violinist or cellist? 

We love hearing the classical music, like during tea on Crystal or afternoons on Celebrity.   Anyone know?  And do they have a small band that can play jazz?  

Thanks!

They didn't back in March.

last year there was an IT man  handling the "automatic " piano's  

and he did ask  do you like Mozart and i said yes , he put in some IT figures and there was half an hour Mozart music ... 

Not a band, but possibly a classical pianist.  Each of the EJ ships have (or will have) 3 Steinway Pianos.  Sometimes, EJ will have somebody who can actually play :).  When we were on the EJ1, back in Sept-Oct, we actually had several "Steinway" pianists who performed.  However, that was on the cruise just prior to the Naming Ceremony, and Explora was dealing with many VIPs.  Whether there will be quality classical pianists on future voyages is a question.

I kind of joked about this a few months ago when I posted about how the EJ folks are real proud of having 3 Steinways on each of their ships (current and future) but apparently have made no commitment to have anyone who can play the wonderful instruments.

Hank

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Not a band, but possibly a classical pianist.  Each of the EJ ships have (or will have) 3 Steinway Pianos.  Sometimes, EJ will have somebody who can actually play :).  When we were on the EJ1, back in Sept-Oct, we actually had several "Steinway" pianists who performed.  However, that was on the cruise just prior to the Naming Ceremony, and Explora was dealing with many VIPs.  Whether there will be quality classical pianists on future voyages is a question.

I kind of joked about this a few months ago when I posted about how the EJ folks are real proud of having 3 Steinways on each of their ships (current and future) but apparently have made no commitment to have anyone who can play the wonderful instruments.

Hank

While on board on a portion of the same cruise as Hank We experienced some truly outstanding piano artists some of whom were experienced Steinway artists along with a comedy piano duo that was fun and excellent to watch

There was an amazing pianist on board from Ukraine in November- Natalia. You really saw her skills when she did a four hander with a guest entertainer in the Journey lounge one evening. It was a shame many nights after dinner she played to no audience in the lobby bar - on one occasion she was scheduled to come on after the bar shut. The general manager came past saw that and told the bar staff they had to stay open until Natalia finished- good move as the bar filled up with listeners. I’m not sure the bar team were so impressed! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1