Stockholm Port location???

MSEm

Posted (edited)

When we docked in 2019, it was about 100 yards from the photography museum  (google it for map location), no terminal, just pop up tents. Very close to old town. Shuttles available and water hop on hop off stop at photography museum.

Edited by ropomo
typo
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ok, it has been awhile.. pre-covid ...  Viking did not dock at the cruise terminal but at Skeppsborn Quay (I think that is the name). It is the area where small cruise ships and the local ferries dock. Quite convenient if you want to walk into Gamla stan, about 10 minutes.

Edited by 2cruisecats

1 hour ago, ropomo said:

When we docked in 2019, it was about 100 yards from the photography museum  (google it for map location), no terminal, just pop up tents. Very close to old town. Shuttles available and water hop on hop off stop at photography museum.

Same in June 2023 when we boarded the Viking Neptune in Stockholm.

What a beautiful sail away to reach the  ocean. It took about 1/2 hr and through lots of little islands with the typical red summer homes hugging the rocky shores of the islands! 

Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Same in June 2023 when we boarded the Viking Neptune in Stockholm.

What a beautiful sail away to reach the  ocean. It took about 1/2 hr and through lots of little islands with the typical red summer homes hugging the rocky shores of the islands! 

Enjoy your cruise. 

Yes, it is such a nice sail away!

• Like 1

Best shopping is the old town.  Be sure to wander the small narrow side streets for some great authentic Sweden crafts and linens in various stores. Also the museum stores are wonderful too. I got everyone back home unique gifts which I gave to them at Christmas. 

Posted (edited)

We stayed in an AirB&B fin Sodermalm for 3 days prior to barding. Walked everywhere.  Stockholm is a wonderful city to wonder. Lots of museums.  We also did a river cruise -- something about bridges -- interesting and a great way to see other parts of Stockholm.  Great transit system & people who help you in the subway. If it wasn't for our luggage, we could have walked to the ship! (First Viking cruise. We pack less now!)

Edited by 2cruisecats
additional info
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the info.

I was trying to find the location on Goggle maps. Maps kept showing me the "cruise terminal" that is now an art studio. Will visit both the Vrak and Vasa Museums before we board the ship.

We will have about 1 1/2 days before boarding the ship.

Posted (edited)

If you use this site:

https://www.whatsinport.com/

enter the country and city for port and then follow instructions about date and such and it will tell you the location. This information is subject to change as port assignment is subject to many factors, tide, traffic and so on. Cruise line is NOT choosing their location, it is assigned to them.

edit: I have a Stockholm departure in September on Oceania and current location is Frihamnen.

Edited by tarhoosier