New Cagney’s Menu…

56 minutes ago, meglet said:

Has anyone posted pics of the new menus or are they just on the ncl site? I didn't read through all 6 pages here. Any items coming back? Like the chocolate fondue at LeBistro?

The link to the updated menu for Cagney's is in the first post on Page 1 of this thread. I can confirm it is correct since I was on a cruise last week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

I heard chatters they do ask the social media private group about paying for it, unconfirmed, as I do not co-mingle nor promote & mention them.

I wonder if you're on to something here...  I wonder if the proliferation of cross-advertising the M&G to a social media site to get attendance up has caused NCL to no longer consider them just CC M&G...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

I wonder if you're on to something here...  I wonder if the proliferation of cross-advertising the M&G to a social media site to get attendance up has caused NCL to no longer consider them just CC M&G...

Yeah, when there are 30 people subscribed to the CC Roll Call, and 200 signed up for the meet and greet, NCL has to figure something's amiss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last year we were on the Bliss for the Panama Canal.  We were happier with the MDR food than a lot of the specialty dining.  Specifically La Cucina was terrible with exceptionally bland food - no garlic in Italian food?  I had a Reuben at the Local with plain cabbage instead of sauerkraut.  At Cagney’s the potatoes au gratin were terrible, the onion rings definitely not fresh, and my crème brûlée was liquid on top without the lovely crisp.  So, I see no problem with these changes.  Le Bistro was wonderful, but we haven’t ordered the items they cut.  
Back on the Bliss next month.  Let’s hope the menu changes have allowed for better food preparation.

Edited by BarbandDaleT

All of the changes don’t affect me, since they were items I didn’t order.  The thick cut bacon sounds good to try!  But my daughter had this reaction when I told her LaCucina no longer had the pesto gnocchi as a pasta.

image.gif.cd19d7f6a2f955ab72785782acdab23c.gif

• Haha 3

On 6/7/2024 at 8:57 AM, Pablo Diablo said:

It appears the Le Bistro menu has been updated as well.  It also now combined Appetizers, Soups and Salads into one group.  Selections that have been removed include the pan seared bay scallops (appetizer)  , roasted maple leaf duck breast (entree) and marrons et clementines (dessert).

No new menu items have been added.

Oh No!  I was so looking forward to the duck.  I've just been going through the menus and not really impressed. I can eat a steak but I love appetizers and veggies more.  Hope it will be better in the Main dining rooms.

On 6/16/2024 at 4:19 PM, stellarose33 said:

the fish eater is not happy.  hubby does not eat shell fish- so no cagney s for me

I went to Cagney's for fish (going there so my wife could get steak). I had to get a steak due to menu change and it wasn't that good.

On 6/11/2024 at 11:25 AM, roddy good boy said:

Disney’s food is really good, both on the cruise line and in the park’s specialty restaurants. But, I agree with you on NCLs old menus and offerings. Would I pay more? I guess, but it depends on how much we’re talking about. 😂

My very first cruise was on Norwegian out of Venice.  I remember how impressed I was when dinner started with an Amuse Bouche.  I'd never heard of it.  I sailed on Norwegian many times after that and thought the food was fabulous.

1 hour ago, darstamp said:

My very first cruise was on Norwegian out of Venice.  I remember how impressed I was when dinner started with an Amuse Bouche.  I'd never heard of it.  I sailed on Norwegian many times after that and thought the food was fabulous.

I also sailed out of Venice on NCL’s Jade. I think it was in 2015. That was such a cool experience! They literarily had me walk my own suitcase onto the ship, go through security, and then just leave it in the entrance to be brought later to my stateroom. There was no line…at all. The most memorable part was that we sailed right past my Venice hotel.

Yeah, and I remember that the food was fabulous! You got 4 specialty meals included with a balcony stateroom. And, it was the old Cagney menu. 

Such is life! 🤷🏻‍♀️

IMG_0794.jpeg

Edited by roddy good boy