Queen Victoria in Atlantic in Oct/Nov

napria

If it helps, at all, we sailed the QV from Southampton in December across the Bay of Biscay and that was one wild ride. Troughs were so deep that the waves went above the Golden Lion and the splashes in the pools were at least 8’ high. The ship performed incredibly. (Although maybe not some of its passengers.)

4 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

If it helps, at all, we sailed the QV from Southampton in December across the Bay of Biscay and that was one wild ride. Troughs were so deep that the waves went above the Golden Lion and the splashes in the pools were at least 8’ high. The ship performed incredibly. (Although maybe not some of its passengers.)

I decided in the  end with the weather as it is in the world at the moment to just wait and see when it comes.  I have crossed BOB in October and December and it has been gone fine and in March and April not so. I wouldn’t have said either my T A on QM last summer was that brilliant. I may think differently if it’s rough but I going to be optimistic. 

• Like 1