Bequia

mlmdaisy

I apologize for posting here but I see no forum for the Grenadines.  This is as close as I could get and I'm hopeful that someone out there has visited Bequia, too, and specifically has knowledge about Moon Hole.

We saw it from the distance on a day sail excursion years ago and we're fascinated by it.  Much to our delight, we see it mentioned on an excursion description for our upcoming Oceania cruise.  I had previously contacted the people at Moon Hole, asking about visiting and was told that the property is only accessible to overnight guests.  (I just messaged them about this, too.)

I can try to confirm excursion details with Oceania, but my fear is we'll choose this one (which wouldn't be horrible, I'm sure) but won't really be able to walk around Moon Hole.

Any chance that anyone's actually seen this place on an excursion?  Ours would be from St. Vincent.

Eek.  I heard back almost immediately from someone at Moon Hole.  The excursion description is very misleading; there is no way that cruise passengers are allowed on their property.

Bequia  and St Vincent are discussed under Caribbean - Other. 

I’ve taken ship excursions via sailing catamaran  from St Vincent to Bequia twice, and we did not stop anywhere on either one. You will see Moon Hole, but sailing by from the catamaran. 

It’s a fabulous trip, and highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2024 at 6:32 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

Bequia  and St Vincent are discussed under Caribbean - Other. I’ve taken ship excursions via sailing catamaran  from St Vincent to Bequia twice, and we did not stop anywhere on either one. You will see Moon Hole, but sailing by from the catamaran. It’s a fabulous trip, and highly recommended.

YES, go to the "Other" category to find out more about Bequia.  Below is a link for a post that I started with many visual and added insights/options.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2180141-bequiast-v-pixs-fun-experiences-jan2015/#comment-59055561