Icon - suite neighborhood - the GROVE

Splurging on a suite for Icon cruise.  Just curious as to how crowded the outer deck the GROVE with small pool and restaurant - how crowded does this area get - enough seats and loungers for suite guests.  We found on Celebrity Apex and Beyond the RETREAT was often crowded and not enough seats for all seeking the area.

Give us your opinion on the GROVE area - any tips or advice.  Also, is the restaurant in the deck area open for breakfast ?  I know Coastal Kitchen is open for breakfast not sure about the outdoor area for suite guests.  Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Posted (edited)

We sailed in a suite on Icon last month. The Grove was never crowded, even on sea days. 

The day beds got snapped up pretty quickly but there were plenty of loungers available and I never saw more than a handful of people in the pool. 

Edited by jenushkask8s
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2024 at 8:35 PM, jenushkask8s said:

We sailed in a suite on Icon last month. The Grove was never crowded, even on sea days. 

The day beds got snapped up pretty quickly but there were plenty of loungers available and I never saw more than a handful of people in the pool. 

We will be in a sky suite on Icon next year. Could you please tell me if, when in The Grove area, are food and alcoholic beverages included (free) for suite guests? Trying to decide if we will need a drink package. Thank you!

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

We will be in a sky suite on Icon next year. Could you please tell me if, when in The Grove area, are food and alcoholic beverages included (free) for suite guests? Trying to decide if we will need a drink package. Thank you!

The food is always free (its set up like a buffet).

Drinks match the suite lounge offerings so beer/wine/non-alchoholic drinks are free 11am-11pm and all other alcoholic drinks are free during happy hour (5pm-8pm, I think). 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jenushkask8s said:

Drinks match the suite lounge offerings so beer/wine/non-alchoholic drinks are free 11am-11pm and all other alcoholic drinks are free during happy hour (5pm-8pm, I think). 

This is something I didn’t realize.  I thought the complimentary drinks were only in the Suites Lounge.  Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

This is something I didn’t realize.  I thought the complimentary drinks were only in the Suites Lounge.  Thanks for the clarification.

This was the case in May (or so we heard from other guests. We were Star class so drinks were always free for us). It may have changed since then.

• Like 1