esim for UK cruise

Posted (edited)

Good morning,

I have read through the previous thread re sim cards and I didn't really see UK specific (if I missed it, sorry :))

Looking for recommendations for esim for our British Isles cruise that will allow talk and text. Last year in Portugal I use Airalo and it was enough for me. Hubby needs to be accessible so he used Orange and that was ok too. Before we purchase, wondering if anyone has any preference they would like to share for this itinerary as it will include Dublin and Belfast.

TIA!

Edited by pooksma

Go to mobimatter.com and select United Kingdom. The available options with calling will have a little phone reciever on the right hand side. Good luck

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 9:31 AM, pooksma said:

Looking for recommendations for esim for our British Isles cruise that will allow talk and text. 

Pretty clear

Edited by deepcman

Posted (edited)

I recently used Orange in June 2024 for Iceland, Scotland, Denmark, England, Wales, Ireland & Isle of Man with no issues. Data, text & voice all worked, had a French phone number assigned. Remember to change your credit card on-line banking verification for on line purchases to your e-sim phone number before you leave Canada. Many museums, castles etc require advance reservations via credit card.

Edited by CHOPPERTESTER
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used Lycamobile last year, but you do need to do the initial activation in the UK or it won't work properly

Once activated you can roam elsewhere in Europe without issue including Ireland