Signature Suite next to elevator

We're in a Signature Suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam, #6082. This cabin is located adjacent to the midship outside elevators. Has anyone sailed in these type of cabins? Can people in the glass elevators see into our veranda. Does the elevator stick out to block part of our view. Thank you fellow travelers 

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha,

First and foremost we love her but we have stayed in that room on her inaugural and the location is perfect BUT, yes you can see into your balcony area not inside your suite. I really didn’t like seeing the elevator outside our balcony especially when it was constantly on the move up and down. Some people might not care but for us it was a distraction. Loved our inside signature suite. Also it is not the end of the world at all!! It might not bother you at all. We now know not to book a suite by the elevators. Enjoy your cruise

🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo,

Denise😊

• Like 2

The elevator does not block the view, but people can look down onto your balcony when the elevator stops on the floor above you.

• Like 1

It's not just the Signature Suites on Deck 6, it's all the cabins adjacent to the outboard (port and starboard amidships - glass) elevators.  This impacts Decks 5, 6, 7  and 8.  This is why these cabins are often the last to fill up. It's a Signature Class and Vista Class issue only.  

Another reason why allowing an "auto upgrade" or selecting a "guarantee" cabin can be taking a chance.  While no balcony is completely private by any stretch, these are much less private.

• Like 1

We had an SS (five cabins away) from the mid-ship elevators on NA, and I could clearly hear the loud DING, even in my cabin.  It was annoying, and I was glad to not be any closer!

11 hours ago, dmaikui said:

We're in a Signature Suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam, #6082. This cabin is located adjacent to the midship outside elevators. Has anyone sailed in these type of cabins? Can people in the glass elevators see into our veranda. Does the elevator stick out to block part of our view. Thank you fellow travelers 

Wife and I have stayed next to the glass elevators multiple times (Signature Suite as well as Neptune). Yes, there is less privacy on the balcony as others have mentioned, but not an issue for us. We like being close to the central elevators as it makes getting around the ship easier. As for the elevator noise we only had a few late-night partiers bother us and it would no mater were you are as they make noise all the way to their room.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Dutchman48 said:

Wife and I have stayed next to the glass elevators multiple times (Signature Suite as well as Neptune). Yes, there is less privacy on the balcony as others have mentioned, but not an issue for us. We like being close to the central elevators as it makes getting around the ship easier. As for the elevator noise we only had a few late-night partiers bother us and it would no mater were you are as they make noise all the way to their room.

Thank you

One of my fav cabins! Yes, your balcony is exposed , but not cabin. Noise never an issue. The elevator speeds by so quick, no one gets but a fleeting glance, and if it ever happens, once you lock eyes... schwoosh, they are gone again. We could not see around the elevator shaft, and only occasionally thru the glass. Loved it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1