Solo access even if not in a solo cabin?

51 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

The only missing convenience is a bar 

When I was on the Getaway earlier this year there was a bartender in the studio lounge from 5-7pm each day.  That wasn’t a great time because the solo meetings were at 5pm and they weren’t held in the lounge.  Most people went to dinner after the meeting.  I stopped by the lounge one evening after the meeting because I had specialty dining plans with a couple of other solos later on.  The bartender was pretty clueless, I think they just grabbed a random crew member and put him there!

10 hours ago, Menocchio said:

Given that I signed up and paid for a Solo Balcony will I still have access to the solo lounge even though I'm technically in a regular balcony? I've heard the coffee is decent. 

I certainly hope so! You didn't book the regular balcony, they gave it to you. You booked a solo, including lounge access. Please come back here for an update once you know! My daughter is in the same situation for a cruise in  late November.

18 hours ago, Menocchio said:

Hello.

I originally booked in a Solo Studio for an upcoming cruise on the Bliss. About a week ago I noticed that the price of a Solo Balcony had dropped enough to I could upgrade for a song. I did so, and my reservation was changed to a GTY Solo Balcony (BT). Today I have been assigned to a specific balcony stateroom classified BA.

Given that I signed up and paid for a Solo Balcony will I still have access to the solo lounge even though I'm technically in a regular balcony? I've heard the coffee is decent. 

If you booked a solo balcony and have that confirmation email, I would take it with you (or a screenshot). It was the cruise line that gave you the regular balcony so if you don't have access to the lounge, go to Guest Services and ask for access, showing them what you booked. If not fixed, go to the M&G and speak to the GM. I personally don't use the lounge often but you should be given what you booked. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, stinkyharriet said:

When I was on the Getaway earlier this year there was a bartender in the studio lounge from 5-7pm each day.  That wasn’t a great time because the solo meetings were at 5pm and they weren’t held in the lounge.  Most people went to dinner after the meeting.  I stopped by the lounge one evening after the meeting because I had specialty dining plans with a couple of other solos later on.  The bartender was pretty clueless, I think they just grabbed a random crew member and put him there!

They do that on all of those ships, epic is the only one with an actual bar and even there the bar tender is only there for a couple of hours each evening. Escape, getaway, breakaway, bliss, etc. it’s just a member of wait staff that comes in and takes orders at about 5pm or whenever the solo gathering is scheduled, you would just about get your drink in time for the trek to whichever dining room the solos group is going to. 

2 hours ago, eileeshb said:

They do that on all of those ships, epic is the only one with an actual bar and even there the bar tender is only there for a couple of hours each evening. Escape, getaway, breakaway, bliss, etc.

Don't the Breakaway and Getaway have bars?  The pics on the deck plans page seem to show something like that.  I know the BA+ (Bliss, Encore, Escape) don't.

5 hours ago, eileeshb said:

They do that on all of those ships, epic is the only one with an actual bar and even there the bar tender is only there for a couple of hours each evening. Escape, getaway, breakaway, bliss, etc. it’s just a member of wait staff that comes in and takes orders at about 5pm or whenever the solo gathering is scheduled, you would just about get your drink in time for the trek to whichever dining room the solos group is going to. 

No, this guy was there making drinks.  There were a bunch of bottles in a locked cabinet behind a small bar on the Getaway.  At 5:00 he came in, unlocked the cabinet and was ready to make drinks.  I can’t remember what I ordered!

4 hours ago, hallux said:

Don't the Breakaway and Getaway have bars?  The pics on the deck plans page seem to show something like that.  I know the BA+ (Bliss, Encore, Escape) don't.

Yes, the studio lounge in the Breakaway and Getaway have bars, just like the Epic. 

• Like 1