LIVE from MSC Meraviglia YC 8/4

rxlowry

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from rxlowry! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

rxlowry was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Booked this trip last week and snagged the only inside YC available.  It’s a mother/daughter trip this time.  
My husband drove us to the port and it was less traffic than Manhattan but the terminal is more chaotic. We found the tent to drop luggage and the porter said to head to the door and tell them you are YC.  There was no one to tell but there was a sign allowing us to skip the massive line for security.  It was about 10:45 when we dropped off our luggage.  We walked around a huge queue to a side room for YC. It took a bit to check in and the waiting room was pretty packed but we found seats and had a Prosecco while waiting. An announcement was made that they were halting embarkation as the seating area was packed. Yikes. So glad we were in YC!  Not long after though we noticed people standing up so we go up and followed the group onto the ship. We were one of the first to the lounge at 11:45. 
Lunch was very quiet and nice.  We both really liked the walnut pasta and of course the dessert trio. 
Our cabin was ready and we unpacked right after lunch.  It was followed by a ship tour.  
Muster drill was different than Seascape in April. We had to wait to designated time to scan our card and although it said 2:45 it didn’t start until about 3:20.  People seemed pretty confused by it waiting outside the theater but all is good now in the Top Sail Lounge. 

IMG_7744.jpeg

IMG_7729.jpeg

IMG_7756.jpeg

• Like 3

Here is a picture of our inside cabin.  Nice size but less drawers and shelves than Seascape inside. The desk area seems smaller too.  Just little differences but still a great inside cabin size!!

IMG_7750.jpeg

IMG_7751.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Are you still going to Florida and the Bahamas with the bad weather situation down there?

That’s the plan!  

• Like 1

Dinner was excellent tonight.  Loved the vegetable dumplings tonight!  Light, crispy, and served hot!  The scallops were great too. Both mains very good,risotto for me and tuna for my daughter.  
Fun trivia and name that tune followed by music in Top Sail

IMG_7805.jpeg

IMG_7807.jpeg

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7809.jpeg

IMG_7810.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to do this report. My wife and I are on board MSC for the first time in two months for this cruise(October 6th) in YC. Have been looking for some current information. If you could post the current menus I would really appreciate it. I know the drink menus changed recently and wondering if they updated the food choices as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Your pizza looks delicious and cooked.  Last week the pizza for the lost part was very doughy and undercooked.  

It was better than Grandiosa and Seascape.  My daughter said it’s up there with best on land!!!  Let’s see if the quality continues. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kjbesq69 said:

Thank you for taking the time to do this report. My wife and I are on board MSC for the first time in two months for this cruise(October 6th) in YC. Have been looking for some current information. If you could post the current menus I would really appreciate it. I know the drink menus changed recently and wondering if they updated the food choices as well.

We will be on the October 6th cruise also in YC on deck 16 a few steps from Top Sail Lounge. Super excited. Would love to see menus also. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kjbesq69 said:

Sure. I’ll post menus so far that I have pics. Here’s first day dinner. 

IMG_7802.jpeg

IMG_7803.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

We will be on the October 6th cruise also in YC on deck 16 a few steps from Top Sail Lounge. Super excited. Would love to see menus also. 

We are on 16 next to the lounge as well!! See you there neighbor.

Big Kev

Edited by kjbesq69
spelling

No trivia in YC. She gave a prize from EFFY jewelry first night but said prize is best score at end of week.  We did the pub quiz but didn’t make it to hear if there was a prize. Lots of really big scores so not sure how many phone are on teams. I go to trivia 1-2 times a week at home and there are some impressive scores especially with some questions that seem like odds things to know…such as year headphones invented? Or how many days is a Mars year?  But it’s all in fun for me to practice for home. It’s so serious though on Oceania and Crystal.  If anyone thinks a cheater is on the midst…

• Like 1

Up earlier today. Slept well with rocking but woke up wanting to see the seas.  Only one in Top Sail!  Quite a few white caps and wind seems high. But looks like it won’t be a total bust later today in Port Canaveral. 

IMG_7865.jpeg

• Like 1

We sail in Yacht Club August 18 on deck 14. I'm getting very excited reading your posts and seeing the menus. Thank you.

In the YC bar do they stick to the drink menu or will they make you something off menu?

Laura

• Like 1

A few questions -

1) The Carousel shows are free now for YC? Great news I was going to buy tickets for both.

2) Who are the YC director and Maitre D'?

3) What are they doing for entertainment in the top sail lounge at night?

4) How is the food on the YC buffet on the pool deck and what have they had on offer?

• Like 1

Just found this.

My daughter, SIL and 2 grandbabies are on this sailing

They are not YC

She said took over 2 hours on embarkation

Then, the had switch her dining to 9:30

Last I spoke to her, the kiddies were not enjoying all the times in lines.

4 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

We sail in Yacht Club August 18 on deck 14. I'm getting very excited reading your posts and seeing the menus. Thank you.

In the YC bar do they stick to the drink menu or will they make you something off menu?

Laura

They can make off menu if they have ingredients. They made me a champagne cocktail when I gave recipe