Bringing non alcoholic ginger beer

coscab

Anyone recently brought non alcoholic ginger beer on the Vista out of Port Canaveral?  I don't want to order vodka for room and then have ginger beer confiscated during embankment, we are not purchasing drink package.

I think you would be fine as long as it's in cans and under the allowable quantity. All the non-alcoholic ginger beer I've seen is usually clearly labelled as such. That said it's always possible you could encounter a security screener on a power trip or having a bad day who can decide they want to make it a problem.

Ginger beer is basically the same concept as root beer. Shouldn't be an issue unless you get a clueless port worker and even then should be pretty easy to talk to them and explain.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, its available in cans. I have heard that some people in the past have had trouble with root beer and ginger beer, probably one of those screeners that nc762shooter mentioned having a bad day!  It will only be a about a 20.00 loss if confiscated but then I will have to buy cans of ginger beer if the bar will sell them to go with the Vodka, oh my, first world problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coscab said:

Thanks everyone, its available in cans. I have heard that some people in the past have had trouble with root beer and ginger beer, probably one of those screeners that nc762shooter mentioned having a bad day!  It will only be a about a 20.00 loss if confiscated but then I will have to buy cans of ginger beer if the bar will sell them to go with the Vodka, oh my, first world problems.

If you do run into trouble with a screener, I would have them call over a supervisor.  All alcoholic beverages sold in the US are clearly marked as such, including the warning that pregnant women shouldn't drink them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coscab said:

I will have to buy cans of ginger beer if the bar will sell them

The bars will sell you cans of ginger beer.  Not every bar, but several.  (Gosling's ginger beer is my second favorite drink.)

They also make /sell various mules.  

13 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

The bars will sell you cans of ginger beer.  Not every bar, but several.  (Gosling's ginger beer is my second favorite drink.)

They also make /sell various mules.  

Thanks!