Quebec City wharf 22 disembarkation and Uber

Jetswdo

I will be disembarking off a princess ship at I think wharf 22 in Quebec-- Heading to a hotel near the Frontenac--- Do I order an uber once I get off the ship and is there a designated spot for pick up?  I normally prefer pre arranged transportation when getting off a cruise to avoid long waits on taxi lines. Should I pre arrange for an uber, -- not sure what to do. Thanks for any suggestions.  Anita

19 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

Do I order an uber once I get off the ship and is there a designated spot for pick up?

Yes-- order when off the ship. Ubers are plentiful and reasonably quick. There is an area there in front of the terminal building you can get picked up at if memory serves. 

I will be disembarking off a princess ship at I think wharf 22 in Quebec-- Heading to a hotel near the Frontenac

This is a VERY short ride-- I doubt any traditional company would take this as a prearranged booking. Like literally a 5 minute drive. 

Should I pre arrange for an uber, -- not sure what to do. Thanks for any suggestions. 

Prebooking an Uber will always be much more expensive than calling one in the moment. Just call one when you get off the ship. 

When off the ship how far a walk is it to spot where Uber does pick up?  Is there a long wait if not pre arranged?  I've never used Uber before for pick up after a cruise so please forgive my ignorance..

1 hour ago, Jetswdo said:

When off the ship how far a walk is it to spot where Uber does pick up?  Is there a long wait if not pre arranged?  I've never used Uber before for pick up after a cruise so please forgive my ignorance..

At Quai 22 you are right in city-- I have never waited more than 10 minutes for an Uber in Quebec City and I'm there several times a year. If you are docking where I think you are it's a very short walk. 

@Jetswdo- if I read correctly, you have not ever used Uber.  If that's the case, you should download the app, set up payment method etc ahead of time.   Then, when you have your luggage, simply open the app and input your destination.  You'll get quotes from different sizes of vehicles, choose one and that's it.  You'll be able to track the progress of the driver, see the make and model of car and license plate,  so you can see exactly when you will be picked up.  Apologies if this is all info that you already know. 

Can't help with the exact location of where to wait for the Uber at the port however you should be sure to get into  the car/Uber with the license plate that is on your booking. (at bit of a safety tip and again, you may already know all this)

Thanks 3CanadianBears--- We have used Uber and have the apt--- I never used Uber for a pick up after a cruise.  Normally I have pre arranged transportation----  For this cruise, we will be at wharf 22 next to old city.  We will be staying two extra nights in Quebec City.  It is too difficult for us to drag our luggage to the funicular, then walk the few blocks with our luggage to hotel.  So I am  trying to make use of our uber apt, if that is the easiest way to get from the ship to hotel. I'm just trying to understand where we are supposed to stand with our luggage to meet the driver. I did check out a private limo-- which wanted $250 for a 10? minute ride, so no thank you.

2 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

So I am  trying to make use of our uber apt, if that is the easiest way to get from the ship to hotel. I'm just trying to understand where we are supposed to stand with our luggage to meet the driver. I did check out a private limo-- which wanted $250 for a 10? minute ride, so no thank you.

Prearranged transportation is going to be wildly expensive for such a short ride-- Uber is the way to go here. 

I would wait until you are outside the ship with your luggage and then hit the button in the app to call the car to where you are. I've never waited more than 10 minutes for an Uber in Quebec City. It will be a very short and inexpensive ride.