Galaxy

Hflors

Go digging, there is a ton of info on her. She is wonderful! The crew is outstanding. We sailed her last April and will be back on her in 12 days. Be forwarned, several of the windows in the Stratosphere lounge are clouded over. Horrors! Some folks have posted that this destroyed their cruise. Ya know what? Ain't no big thing.

The ship is the perfect size, not a monolith which will take you ten days to get used to, not too small so you feel crowded..It is great!

I understand she is due a dry dock in the near future, not sure when, heck, might even be before she heads to San Juan.

Go over to cruise connections with Celebrity, sign up for the get-together. Hit the reviews...and ask a ton of questions ..there are 17 gazillion (give or take a gazillion or two) fans of the Galaxy that post here and will gladly answer any questions....Just watch out for those two clouded over panes of glass! (The horror)

Go digging, there is a ton of info on her. She is wonderful! The crew is outstanding. We sailed her last April and will be back on her in 12 days. Be forwarned, several of the windows in the Stratosphere lounge are clouded over. Horrors! Some folks have posted that this destroyed their cruise. Ya know what? Ain't no big thing.

Go over to cruise connections with Celebrity, sign up for the get-together. Hit the reviews...and ask a ton of questions ..there are 17 gazillion (give or take a gazillion or two) fans of the Galaxy that post here and will gladly answer any questions....Just watch out for those two clouded over panes of glass! (The horror)

Oh no Clouded over panes, Il'm not sure I will be able to have a great cruise with that. Maybe I should begin my letter of complaint right now. Maybe Celebrity will refund by money before I board! Ha Ha.

Thanks for the info. I will have to say when I looked at the date and itinary for me and dh it was a no brainer. I'm glad she has happy fans! I hope we cruise with people like you!

I loved Galaxy too and the clouded panes in the Stratoshpere didn't worry me either as I rarely spent any time during the day there. Clean and polished, well thought out, nice dining room, great seating area aft for breakfast/lunch looking at the wake of the ship, very good spa area with the Thallassotherapy pool offering an invigorating soak after a day's touring, interesting artwork (ok, read strange) but it all seemed to go together in my eyes, great staff always friendly, good sized Promenade Deck with chairs for a read of a book in the shade if that's your thing.

As for

I don't see a lot of posts.
try cabin 5069 (link below). Sorry, I just couldn't resist:D

http://cruiseclues.com/galaxy/stateroompole.htm

Phil

If you are expecting a brand new glitzy, glamorous, mega ship, this is not the cruise for you. The Galaxy is much more sedate and of a manageable size.

After what I read here, when we sailed on her last December I arrived with an attitude that we would make the best of it no matter what we found. The ship was in excellent condition. Yes, if windows are your "thing", the Stratoshpere windows will be a problem. Other than that of course, this is a fine ship.

My 10 year old daughter cried her eyes out on Friday when we told her we were sailing on her again this Christmas. She mistook that for meaning that we were visiting the same ports as last year :eek: Now that she realizes we are going to different ports all is well with the world :)

Hflors, GALAXY is an elegant, relaxed ship. I loved the size: smaller than the M class ships, which promotes a bit of genuine intimacy. It is so easy to meet people and make friends on it. I think it is the friendliest of the Celebrity ships, and the crew is happy, which ripples down to everyone.

And like Phil, I wrote about GALAXY as well. The link is in my signature. Good luck and have a GREAT cruise ... you will love it!

Cheers~

Nicki

I would agree with the oter posts, very comfortable ship and an outstanding crew. Food was great as well. Just as a note, when we were waiting to disembark in Galveston. I watched the fresh produce being delivered. The Executive Chef was out there doing an incoming inspection on all the products that were delivered. I noticed he wasn't happy with one pallet so he had the supplier take it back. Also I noticed that he was in all the cooking areas and even served me a hamburger out by the pool. The food service in my opinion was very well run and the dinners in the Orion were great. I look forward to going on the Galaxy again.

Tom:)

We love Galaxy. We've cruised on her twice and we're going back for our third cruise on Galaxy. She's a wonderful ship with a great crew.

But.... this is our last cruise on Galaxy because the stratosphere lounge windows are fogged up.:eek:

We were on the Galaxy on the Panama Canal trip a few weeks back.

Yes. The windows are a bit frosted over from the elements.

The ship does show some small signs of wear. You would have to look a bit for them. But for the age of the ship - it's in great condition.

The best thing to look forward to is how you are treated on the ship.

Famously. Great crew. Food and service are top notch.

One of these days I'm going to finish and post my cruise review.

Archived