Photoshow Tahitian Princess

lhbsurf

I do see the likeness to a snail...though I can't recall that from Dr. Doolittle...it's been too long and I probably didn't pay much attention.

Your wedding and trip is coming soon...guess you're getting excited!!! I would be;)

I am talking the original Dr. Doolittle..you were probably just knee-high to a grasshopper back then!

Yes, wedding plans are coming along....really at this point I think we are getting more excited about the honeymoon!:p Have fun in Vegas..the mini shows they have outdoors at the major hotels are fun. Check out Treasure Island, the Bellagio's water show (and check out the beautiful glass sculpture in the lobby and their garden area), the volcano at the Mirage, and the Forum Shops at Caesars. It's pretty easy to get around without a car....take advantage of the people movers. Driving and parking is a real pain.

Laura, Thanks so much for the photo slide show! What a grat show to watch! Did you find many places for hire at the ports? Like Bora Bora, Raiatea and Moorea? Thanks again for posting the link to your show. Really enjoyed the music and the pictures. Gabrielle

Laura, Thanks so much for the photo slide show! What a grat show to watch! Did you find many places for hire at the ports? Like Bora Bora, Raiatea and Moorea? Thanks again for posting the link to your show. Really enjoyed the music and the pictures. Gabrielle

Thanks all for the compliments...I enjoyed doing it and still watch it from time to time when I'm having a bad day!!!

Yes, we found several places for hire at the ports. Raiatea had several to choose from at the dock, as did Bora Bora - we did the drift snorkel thru Princess on Raiatea, but picked up a circle island tour on Bora Bora to complement the jet ski tour we had pre-reserved. We rented a car on the pier in Moorea (in addition to some of the early pics where we took a boat ride from the IC to a motu for snorkeling during our pre-cruise stay). The only place you MUST book something ahead is Huahine....we went with Marc and saw people literally begging him to take them along because they hadn't booked anything and didn't have anything to do --- there is nothing at the dock there. (He wouldn't, by the way, because he was full, though it would have meant more $$ for him.

Wow, wow, wow! What amazing pictures! I've been so incredibly excited about our upcoming Tahitian Princess cruise, but you've piqued my interest that much more! :) Thanks for sharing these pictures!

Thanks all for the compliments...I enjoyed doing it and still watch it from time to time when I'm having a bad day!!!

Yes, we found several places for hire at the ports. Raiatea had several to choose from at the dock, as did Bora Bora - we did the drift snorkel thru Princess on Raiatea, but picked up a circle island tour on Bora Bora to complement the jet ski tour we had pre-reserved. We rented a car on the pier in Moorea (in addition to some of the early pics where we took a boat ride from the IC to a motu for snorkeling during our pre-cruise stay). The only place you MUST book something ahead is Huahine....we went with Marc and saw people literally begging him to take them along because they hadn't booked anything and didn't have anything to do --- there is nothing at the dock there. (He wouldn't, by the way, because he was full, though it would have meant more $$ for him.

Did you need to reserve your car in Moorea - or was it just available after you docked? Also which company did you do the jet ski thing with on Bora Bora and how was it? Thanks!

Did you need to reserve your car in Moorea - or was it just available after you docked? Also which company did you do the jet ski thing with on Bora Bora and how was it? Thanks!

In Moorea, they had a lot of cars and scooters available at the pier - we just picked one up - didn't pre-reserve...it was great and easy to navigate. For the Jet Skis, we went with Matira, which we did reserve online thru Topdive. Our tablemates were able to call them directly from the pier in Bora Bora and got it slightly cheaper, but I really wanted to do that and it was worth it to me to have the reservation. And, it was FABULOUS!!! The lagoon is just gorgeous. We just rented one and my husband drove most of the time. I just hung on for dear life!!! It was my 40th birthday and one of the best days of my life!!

In Moorea, they had a lot of cars and scooters available at the pier - we just picked one up - didn't pre-reserve...it was great and easy to navigate. For the Jet Skis, we went with Matira, which we did reserve online thru Topdive. Our tablemates were able to call them directly from the pier in Bora Bora and got it slightly cheaper, but I really wanted to do that and it was worth it to me to have the reservation. And, it was FABULOUS!!! The lagoon is just gorgeous. We just rented one and my husband drove most of the time. I just hung on for dear life!!! It was my 40th birthday and one of the best days of my life!!

On the jet ski - did you go with a group and follow a guide or did you just go by yourselves? Thanks for the information!!

On the jet ski - did you go with a group and follow a guide or did you just go by yourselves? Thanks for the information!!

There were 5 jet skis that followed a guide - his name was Ralph....but some people get the idea it's a guided tour - it isn't...he is guiding you through the lagoon...not stopping to tell you about scenery etc. You do stop at a motu and they give you fresh coconuts, bananas and a demonstration. Otherwise you're zipping through the lagoon - we were airborne several times and even jumped the tender waves.

There was another, more sedate group that followed another guide. I was sore the next day from holding on so tight and banging in to my husband, but it was worth every ache.:D

Thanks, that sounds fun - although given our age...we may remain a bit more sedate then you youngins. We will celebrate our 25th anniversary on our Tahiti vacation.

Archived