Photoshow Tahitian Princess

lhbsurf

Wow, you did a wonderful job (and fast!) - excellent photos. We loved meeting you and the other CC folks, it added to a memorable cruise. Thanks for all your organizing skills that contributed to great experiences.

Cheers,

Steph and Peter

Laura,

Your photoshow was fantastic! My DW and I are going on the cruise in August with 3 nights pre-cruise in an OW Motu at the Intercontinental Tahiti. How did you feel about that experience, both pro and con? Did you take any excursions, either booked by Princess or by yourself? If so, what do you recommend? I have read about Bruno's, Dr. Poole's etc. but since you just got back I thought you might have tried something different.

Thanks,

Jay

Laura, Love the great photo show & music - what is the name of your song and the artist? (It's Great). I'm making a CD for our trip and would love to include that song.

Thanks,

Sandy

It's called "High on the Sunshine" by Kelly Brock. It was one of the choices on photoshow - it took me a while to find it. It indicates that she has a website, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding it, I hope.

Laura,

Your photoshow was fantastic! My DW and I are going on the cruise in August with 3 nights pre-cruise in an OW Motu at the Intercontinental Tahiti. How did you feel about that experience, both pro and con? Did you take any excursions, either booked by Princess or by yourself? If so, what do you recommend? I have read about Bruno's, Dr. Poole's etc. but since you just got back I thought you might have tried something different.

Thanks,

Jay

I absolutely loved the OWB at the Intercontinental Tahiti. Most people had told us that the Intercontinental in Moorea was nicer than Tahiti (we stayed in Moorea Pre and Tahiti Post). Both were nice, but we liked the Tahiti IC better. Due to ambassador club, we were upgraded to the deep water bungalow for free, but we had friends in the Motu and they loved it also.

Pros: It is very, very private and is definitely worth the extra$$ to stay in the OWB - I am pretty well traveled (both in a previous job and love to vacation) and the OWB was an amazing experience for me. We love to snorkel, and just jumped in the water with the snorkel at will. There was a puffer fish who lived under our deck!!! Then, we would jump out, shower off with the fresh water outside shower and lay in sun. We only made it to the pool while we were waiting for our room to get ready and once to the swim up bar (which was cool) to get yummy pina coladas ($12USD each). The views of Moorea from the deck and windows were beautiful!!!!

As to cons, I can only think of a few:

1) remember you're on island time - nothing is quick. I know this, but still sometimes have trouble adjusting to their pace at first.

2) We only stayed 1 night in the OWB post cruise - NOT ENOUGH!!! Three would be much better - good for you.

3) The food is very expensive. Our package included the buffet breakfast (which was $30+ each). We ate from the a la carte menu on the morning in Moorea which didn't include Breakfast for a lot less. I got a good Caesar Salad with shrimp that was good and not too pricey, but just prepare yourself for the cost of the food.

We enjoyed all the tours we took, but one of my favorites was the Jet Ski tour in Bora Bora with Matira Tours - there's just something liberating about zipping around the entire island of Bora Bora in the lagoon on a jet ski with the love of your life!!!!

We did Marc's in Huahine (be sure to pre book something here - there's nothing at the pier to speak of and those who didn't were disappointed) - the 4X4 island tour, then snorkel and picnic. It was great!!!! Instead of Bruno, we chose the Princess drift snorkel on Raiatea, mainly because I didn't want to be gone all day -as a bonus, we saw a ton of dolphins here. The snorkel was excellent. We did the Tara Vana Sunset Sail with Richard Postma In Bora Bora 1st day - he was great, as everyone has said. We did a variety of things, which I was glad - not the same thing on each island - picked up a circle island tour in Bora Bora and rented a car and did Moorea on our own.

I think it is an amazing place and saw as much of it as we could - I hope to get back one day - have a GREAT trip - I know you will!!!

Laura,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Did you book any excursions on your own or only through the ship? If on your own was it easy to get to where an excursion started.

Thanks,

Jay

Laura,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Did you book any excursions on your own or only through the ship? If on your own was it easy to get to where an excursion started.

Thanks,

Jay

We booked them all on our own except the drift snorkel in Raiatea. We didn't have any trouble, everyone always found us, usually right where the tender dropped us off. The ports aren't as busy as the Caribbean and it is easier to find your way. Most all the tour operators knew each other and you could just ask one and they could point you the correct way, if needed.

Laura,

I ordered the Ambassador package last week. Were you able to use your certificate for both an upgrade and a free night at the Intercontinental Tahiti?

Thanks,

Jay

The certificate is for a free weekend night - we used it at the Intercontinental in Moorea. The Intercontinental in Tahiti upgraded us to a Overwater Suite - that, in addition to the fruit plate and bottled water, is a perk for Ambassador Club, no certificate needed. We didn't receive the fruit in Moorea, though I think we were supposed to.

Great Presentation! Looks like a great trip, we are looking forward to it with great anticipation.

Also, thanks for showing us what our upcoming cabin is going to look like.

'I mean the exact same one!' :D

How funny!!! We LOVED the cabin - no noise, close to the laundry (which I NEVER thought I'd use, but it was so cheap and easy!!). I really want to go back again and would love to have that cabin again!!!

Archived