One night in Barcelona suggestions

I will be spending one neight pre-cruise in Barcelona. My question for those who have been before - if you had one night only, what is the must do activity? I was thinking of a Flamenco show that has been highly rated, but don't know if that is the best way to spend out evening.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

If you haven't seen a Flamenco show before this might be a nice way to spend your evening. Since restaurants tend to open late for dinner, I would consider going to a tapas bar for dinner before the show. You could have a "double dose" of local flavor!

Please watch out for pickpockets and thieves in Barcelona. Three of my friends who have visited recently have all been pickpocketed, robbed or mugged. One chap was going down an escalator when the elderly gentleman in front of him fell. As he was helping the "old" guy up the lad behind him took my friends wallet from his back pocket( I did tell him not to put it there!). Crime if rife there. Keep your valuables in front pockets ( or leave them on the ship).

i will be in barcelona for the 1st time in july for 3 nights pre-cruise and i have no idea what the flamenco show is, would someone clue me in?

I'm no expert but I have seen a show in Seville. (Sounds like a Holiday Inn Express commercial!) Flamenco is a special type of dance and music that has gypsy roots. It grew out of their feeling of oppression, etc. The costumes are beautiful and the vocalist have a haunting melody. This is the dance with the dancers using castanets(msp?) and the men kind of stomp on the dancefloor.The show we saw in the Santa Cruz section of Seville had approx 7 sets of dances and lasted around 2.5-3 hours. I hope this helps some.

Please watch out for pickpockets and thieves in Barcelona. Three of my friends who have visited recently have all been pickpocketed, robbed or mugged. One chap was going down an escalator when the elderly gentleman in front of him fell. As he was helping the "old" guy up the lad behind him took my friends wallet from his back pocket( I did tell him not to put it there!). Crime if rife there. Keep your valuables in front pockets ( or leave them on the ship).

Wow, I have travelled extensively in the last few years and never had any problems. I'll be sure to be on the alert. I usually carry a nylon backpack with all my "stuff" in it so I'll make sure to have it in front, not hanging on my back. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived