Jewel Memory Refresh Please

Palla

We'll be boarding the Jewel on Saturday, 4/22 for the 8 day, and I can't wait! It seems to me there isn't alot of discussion about the Jewel. (I can't imagine why?)

A few questions that I would appreciate guidance on are:

1 - What is the name of the restaurant in the Solarium area, and it's hours?

2 - What are specialties (is it crepes?) in this restaurant?

3 - When are formal nights? Sun. & ??

4. Are there items/places that are absolutely Not to be Missed?

Thanks everyone for reading & helping.

T -9 & counting

Palla

We'll be boarding the Jewel on Saturday, 4/22 for the 8 day, and I can't wait! It seems to me there isn't alot of discussion about the Jewel. (I can't imagine why?)

A few questions that I would appreciate guidance on are:

1 - What is the name of the restaurant in the Solarium area, and it's hours?

2 - What are specialties (is it crepes?) in this restaurant?

3 - When are formal nights? Sun. & ??

4. Are there items/places that are absolutely Not to be Missed?

Thanks everyone for reading & helping.

T -9 & counting

Palla

First - You would love Jewel - such a beautiful ship. Sailed on her last year

for 10 days and going on Halloween this year for 12 days.

In Solarium - it is a very small couter with light breakfast food, coffee, tea and juice in the morning, fruit and some food during the day and they make crapes in the afternoon. But it is not a restaurant.

Our foamal nights were different - we had longer cruise, but they are ususally on sea days.

Not to miss - Pool tables, if you like to play pool and scavanger hunt game.

We had just a fantastic time and hope you will too

Keep cruising

we have sailed on the jewel and 2 of her sisters (brilliance, serenade). i agree that the crepes are yummy and the seaview is not to be missed (especially if you have early dinner and like a late snack). also, we enjoy sitting in the back of the safari club facing out the back of the ship and enjoying the view in the evening (like having an aft cabin). we enjoy the quest and the newlywed game, which are not unique to the jewel, but can be a lot of fun. we also love chops. be sure to make a plan to do all of the things you like b/c the time goes by so fast and at the end you might say "we never got to ....". of course, then you will just have to go back. :)

w.

Palla, we just did that same cruise on 3/25-4/2. It was wonderful. We had an aft cabin on deck 9. Now we will always want an aft cabin!

I have all of the Cruise Compasses from the week. Formal nights are Sunday and Friday.

We loved the itinerary. We did 2 shore excursions: Spectacular Antigua & Beach Relaxation--this tour was great. The scenery is breath-taking; it is a great tour of the island. The beach was just kind of average, and it's only a half day, so you still have time to shop. Which I was pleasantly surprised by the shopping on this island.

The other excursion was on St Thomas. We did the St John Beach and Snorkeling Tour. In hind sight, I would have been just as happy with tour only of St John Island. Beautiful beaches, but the seas were far too rough for snokeling on Trunk Bay. So all we did was lay around on the Beach--and it was cloudy/rainy. St. John's is gorgeous, and you get there via ferry.

On St Maarten, we went on our own--first to Marigot, because I kept seeing all the postings about how great the shopping was there. I was very disappointed in Marigot--would not waste time going back. After Margot, we went to Sunset Beach Bar on Maho Beach to see the jets landing--that was amazing. When you stand directly in the landing path, you really feel like the plane is going to hit you-this is definitely for the thrill-seekers. Take a camera--pictures are unbelieveable. At the Sunset Beach Bar, they have live music, and have a sound system that broadcasts the radio transmissions from the air traffic controller. Also, they accept cash only, so be sure to bring plenty of cash for food/drinks, and cabfare. Most of the big planes and airbuses come in between 1:30PM-3PM--there's a surf board in the sand with the expected arrivals and departures. Just be sure to allow an hour or so to get back to the ship, because it is a very small road, and gets very congested.

We did not get off of the ship in San Juan because it rained so hard that day. Besides, you only get a half day in San Juan.

Be forewarned, the pool chair hogs were in-season on our cruise. They were up by 6AM putting their crap out on the prime deck chairs. If you are not bold enough to move their crap aside, you won't sit in the sun.

Enjoy! I am jealous--we would love to go again!

Archived