Freedom of the Seas left to Hamburg

switek

By the looks of it, I think the Freedom of the Seas and her crew are as anxious to get to the Caribbean as are the people who are waiting for her to get here to take them (maybe that's what they are going to do...put the last coat of paint on where the weather is warmer and the paint won't freeze...ever hear of freeze-dried...:D )! Great pictures!

By the looks of it, I think the Freedom of the Seas and her crew are as anxious to get to the Caribbean as are the people who are waiting for her to get here to take them (maybe that's what they are going to do...put the last coat of paint on where the weather is warmer and the paint won't freeze...ever hear of freeze-dried...:D )! Great pictures!

Anxious to get to the Caribbean...yes! But not before she swings by my front door for a sneak peak. Can't believe I'll get to see Freedom a month from today. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until October to board, though. :(

Nice photos ... but when are we going to see more interior shots?

I think we will begin seeing them in a few days or a week, once she begins taking on passengers. In the meantime she has to stop in Bremerhaven to repair or replace one of the Azipods.

Awesome pictures! This is really exciting! I'm not trying to nit-pick but I also noticed that she needs a little touching up on the paint department. With that aside she is the most beautiful ship I have ever seen. I can't wait for more interior and exterior pics! Thanks again for sharing!

Derek

In the meantime she has to stop in Bremerhaven to repair or replace one of the Azipods.

Why? What happened to the azipods? Did something malfunction? Will it delay anything? Thanks in advance.

Derek

Why? What happened to the azipods? Did something malfunction? Will it delay anything? Thanks in advance.

Derek

They've known about this for a while. Apparently some dirt got in the bearings of the azipods during construction so that is why it is going to Bremerhaven for this to be fixed. This was in fact planned into the schedule. The first cruise with passengers is out of Hamburg to Oslo - after it has been fixed in Bremerhaven.

Switek,

So how was it??? The pictures are so awesome, but how was it being there? The pics look amazing, like those on the shore could have almost reached out and touched her!

Tracy

It was quite the experience. Thousands of people were gathered to watch as the world's biggest cruise ship set out on its first journey. Freedom also greeted the crowd with their magnificent foghorns. It was something that really made my day.

Next time we'll be breaking records when first of the Genesis-class vessels is completed in 2009. :)

I'd love to go on a Caribbean cruise someday myself, that's something I plan on doing after graduating from my university.

Kalle

I think we will begin seeing them in a few days or a week, once she begins taking on passengers. In the meantime she has to stop in Bremerhaven to repair or replace one of the Azipods.

Sorry to have to correct you but she is not going to stop in Bremerhaven. She´s going straight to Hamburg where she will be docked on April 17th in Dock 17 at Blohm+Voss Shipyard for the Azipod repairs.

As some one who has been addicted to anything related to the Freedom, these pics are icing on the cake. Seeing her completed is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. Awesome pictures!

Sorry to have to correct you but she is not going to stop in Bremerhaven. She´s going straight to Hamburg where she will be docked on April 17th in Dock 17 at Blohm+Voss Shipyard for the Azipod repairs.

Thanks for the correction. Wherever the repairs are done doesn't really matter. BTW, what did you think of the ice that the Freedom had to sail through, led by two ice breakers, when leaving Turku?;)

It was quite the experience. Thousands of people were gathered to watch as the world's biggest cruise ship set out on its first journey. Freedom also greeted the crowd with their magnificent foghorns. It was something that really made my day.

Next time we'll be breaking records when first of the Genesis-class vessels is completed in 2009. :)

I'd love to go on a Caribbean cruise someday myself, that's something I plan on doing after graduating from my university.

Kalle

Kalle --

I sure hope you DO get to go on a Caribbean cruise someday. You'll LOVE it. I imagine the flight will be more expensive than the cruise. When you DO make it, I'm sure one of us will be aboard and would want to buy you a drink for taking such great photos. Can't wait to see your shots of Genesis!

Thanks for the correction. Wherever the repairs are done doesn't really matter. BTW, what did you think of the ice that the Freedom had to sail through, led by two ice breakers, when leaving Turku?;)

I was impressed by the amount of ice they still have in Finland. Though it was a cold and long winter the waters over here are ice free for a while now but of course Finnland is way up north. However didn´t expect that.

It leeds me to check Oslo but it looks like no ice and snow there anymore.

Anyway I think I need to pack some warm clothes for Oslo.

I am really laughing...here we have 2 of my favorite cruise people...Mad For Cruising and NEGC!!!

BILL...for your information Mad For (Gunnar) is going to be onboard the FOS April 25th for the shake down cruise to Oslo. I will be onboard the FOS on May 21st when she debuts in Boston...LOL!!!

PUNA PUNA!!! ROSS

I am really laughing...here we have 2 of my favorite cruise people...Mad For Cruising and NEGC!!!

BILL...for your information Mad For (Gunnar) is going to be onboard the FOS April 25th for the shake down cruise to Oslo. I will be onboard the FOS on May 21st when she debuts in Boston...LOL!!!

PUNA PUNA!!! ROSS

Hi Ross - We'll be getting off when you are getting on. The invitation arrived in yesterday's mail and has already been responded to.:)

If you see George, give him my best. I may see him in Newport next month if he attends the Governors-Premiers 30th conference.

Archived