I'm surprised this board is so slow!

Lady Hop

I'm surprised this board doesnt get more action. From some of the things I have seen on my last two cruises you'd think more people would share our issues and want to do something about it. One of the worst combinations I can think of is Sunshine, Fat, Spandex and a cruise ship. Maybe others are just more content than I am :rolleyes:

It would be really nice to be able to ask a question or comment on a thread without having to check back in a couple of hours for a response.

But for the few of us that venture "down here" its a nice bully free place.

I have to agree with you. I am on the cc website every day (I cant wait til my cruise and I feel that it's getting closer when I'm on here). I am driving DH absolutely crazy with all this cruise talk so I found a place where others share my feelings.

I too hate it when others don't reply to a post on a regular basis.

I have lost 50# in the past year so I won't look like the beached whale I saw on my last cruise wearing the same dress as me standing with my hubby.(oh no that WAS me:eek: ) Have a great night.

Congratulations on losing 50lbs what a great acomplishment! I am trying to lose 60 by this year (I am turning 40 in december) and I am down 33 and have 27 to go-I read this part of the board for encouragement and ideas all the time.

I also do have a cruise planned for January 07, so I am hoping to be at my goal weight then too!

Nancy

The thread "countdown club" is a very active thread and we love getting new people. It's a great group and probably one of the main reasons that I have been able to keep those nasty 24 pounds off that I lost almost 2 years ago.

I turned 50 earlier this year and it is a constant struggle! Staying with this board has helped me with 2 issues: 1) Post-cruise-depression-syndrome and 2) Staying fit

Lady - I loved your worst combination! Ugh!

Lynn

momofslg I am from Columbus, Ohio also. People are just so excited about cruising on the main boards that I know they have to be concerned about their weight. Even "skinny" people still want to look their best even if they only need to lose 5lbs or so.

But like I said at least you dont get flamed on here.

momofslg I am from Columbus, OH also :D

I'm surprised this board doesnt get more action.

It would be really nice to be able to ask a question or comment on a thread without having to check back in a couple of hours for a response.

But for the few of us that venture "down here" its a nice bully free place.

Hi Lady, Glad you ventured "down" and found us!:p It is funny you said the board does not get much action. I think you may have ventured on a holiday week-end, which makes a big difference. I know that sometimes I get competely overwhelmed trying to keep up with the chat on countdown club. There are also several little "topic" threads that pop up for a time and are a good source of specific info. Also, Belle has a weigh-in that is very popular.

Stick around and visit for a while. I think you'll get the hang of things and find a nice place.

I'm glad to hear you say that this is a bully free zone. We really try to be fair and inclusive.

Lady Hop,

I live in Pickerington, where are you? It's nice to meet someone who is a local. It seems that there aren't alot of Ohioans on these boards.

I am trying to find airfare for my upcoming cruise out of San Juan on 10/8. We are wanting to fly down the day before and return on the day of. Do you have any hints on how to find cheap airfare out of CMH? Let me know.

Thanks- Lisa

Lots of people want to lose, but many don't want to air that in public. This forum is widely read but there seem to be fewer posters.

I guess I am guilty of that. I think I have posted here only once before.

I read it to get motivation, but I never felt the urge to post. I am 134 lbs and 5'6". I feel a little ashamed to post here sometimes. I think this stems from the reaction I ALWAYS get from others when I tell them I am working on firming up and losing X lbs. The answer is always a roll of the eyes, a smirk, and some comment like "whatever, you're so skinny!"

I can't tell you how badly this ruins my motivation. I start believing them, and in my head I tell myself, "they are right, I AM skinny compared to everyone else, why do I need to do this anyways?" A good comparison considering so many people are overweight and/or obese--not really.

So, here I am, and I'm not going to listen to it anymore! I have 3 weeks until my cruise, and I've been working out consistantly for 3 weeks already. Much to my husband's dismay, I will also run/walk on the cruise itself! I'm not doing this for the cruise, I'm doing it for my health!

PS-3 years ago, I was over 160 lbs. I have managed to keep my weight between 130-138 for 2 1/2 years now! I hope others can use this as a motivation, it can be done. I have never starved myself or been on weird fad diets, and yes, I do eat fast food, dinners out, and dessert! Keep working at your goals, it is worth it!

whatever your fitness goals are, they are very important to you and should not be minimized by anyone.....dont let anyone ruin yor motivation whether you have 5 or 500 pounds to lose!

I like this board becuase it gives me some good ideas for working out and it also makes me feel like i am not alone in my fitness fight.

keep up the good workput work and have a great cruise!

nancy

LMCruise - Congratulations on the weight loss. There have been others that came and went who were trying to lose only a few pounds or trying to firm up. Probably all the talk of all the weight some of us still need to lose. Keep coming in to talk. Several on the countdown club are within single digits of their goals. So you are not alone with just a little to lose. We are all here mostly for our need to lose weight, but also for our love of cruising, and I think you fit here. Keep coming back let us know how your day is going and I don't think you will be made to feel uncomfortable. Three weeks, time will go slowly now.

LMCruise - I could have written much of what you wrote. I stay with this board, not only for the friendships I've formed (great group of people) but for the motivation that I get and (hopefully) can give out. I'm working to tone up and maintain healthy eating habits. I don't want to go back to the shape that I was about 2 1/2 yrs ago. Don't ever let anyone ruin your motivation. If you are unhappy with the tone of your muscles than you have every right to work on that regardless of those that I'm sure are just jealous of your accomplishments. BTW, DH & I worked out on the ship 3 out of the 7 days last year and plan on doing it again in 5 weeks!

Lynn

Congrats! :eek: You really work out on the ship? I have never do that... I don't even look for the jym. But I'm now just starting to get to the point on cruises that I don't eat everything in sight...

I like going and looking at the boards. But don't always respond to posts. But it does help me looking at what other people are doing.

Archived