Freedom - Wave Rider - How long will lines be?

Exactly why I posted my response to this thread. OP asked a question that nobody could possibly know the answer to. It made no sense to me.

It is a discussion forum... what don't you get? Seriously, why does discussion bother you so?

jc

Barb, have fun, are you and hubby going to try out the flowrider?

I think they should make the waverider bookable so you can guarantee a go, and have other "free" times. I do not think the queues will be too bad, like people have said attract some more than the majority.

They should not charge... if so boycott it... How long the queues for the boxing ring?

Why all the flamers?

I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to realize this ship is going to be full of kids. Just the attractions on board give you this knowledge.
Well that is NOT really true, I am 57 and will be using most of them and so will many of my OLDer adult friends. Also having been on the AOS with almost as many features, I did not see any more children than on any other cruise with one exception. That was the Panama canal transit which was 14 days and a non kids holiday, so there were just a handful. I was on the SMALLLEST ship in the fleet and they actually had MORE children than the rest of the ships, or so it seemed. And why is that? because with fewer places to go they were congregated where we were.

Bigger ships are LESS crowded in my experience, more places to spread out.....maybe HAL would be a better choice for people who want no children and just want to fall asleep in a chair. But hey that is what rest homes are for, why bother going on a cruise:rolleyes: hehehe

JC I will try, I am not sure about Phil.:eek:

I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to realize this ship is going to be full of kids. Just the attractions on board give you this knowledge.

The concept that it will be full of kids would seem to be exactly the kind of speculation you don't seem to get? How do you know? Please enlighten us non-rocket doctor types! :D :p

jc

Hello!! Just a comment about the ice rinks on RCCL ships. I am not in anyway capable of skating personally (clumsy) but managed to talk my brother into going to the ice show before dinner one cruise. The show ins absolutely incredible!!! The talent, lights, sound system, etc, is amazing!! And it's free!! It usually pays to sample everything RCCL has because we find that this cruise line knows what it's doing. A really great evening includes the ice show (tickets obtained in advance , and are free), the formal dinner in the huge, gorgeious main dining room, and then the main theater show. Everything is top-notch in our book and Freedom of the Seas promises to be best yet!! Happy cruising!!!

• 1 month later...
My only question is that Freedom will be the largest ship out there... how long would the lines be? You would assume only one person could be on the wave rider at a time for safety reasons.

Here is what our experience was on the Flowrider on the trip that ended today.

We registered at the Wipeout booth, signed a two page waiver and were issued a wristband. That got you a chance to stand in the line. The rides were short for many, with a one shot at doing it with no "mulligans."

They staggered the use of surfboards and body boards by sessions, and I did the bodyboard. Those that took a big jump to start their session had a quick ride if they didn't recover and line up quickly.

The lines may well be 30 minutes or more, and with all adults on this cruise there were more spectators than those that wanted to ride.

We didn't ride but a couple at our table said they too got in line but after 45 minutes of waiting the line was cut off as the employees were closing for lunch. I would imagine they will just change employees during the actual paying cruises but look for signs that indicate the operating times.

Archived