Newbie questions

Howdy! The Hubbie and I are going on our first cruise (and 1rst vacation in 13yrs) I have a few questions, no doubt you have heard them before :)

1. Alcohol, How much is a bottle of good rum in the duty free shop? I dont plan getting foolish, but I dont want to spend all of my $$ at the bar.

2. Are there any recent daily planners for the Enchantment of the Sea? I am really curious about what to expect.

3. Spas, how much are they?

This will be our first vacation is 13yrs. as well as our 13th anniversery, I only have so much spending money and want to get the best bang for my buck.

Any advice on how to achieve this impossible task is greatly apprieciated.

We will be on the 6-19 sailing of the Enchantment of the Seas

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You've certainly come to the right place to get those questions answered. I see you've already posted to your roll call, so you're off to a great start. Give the folks here a day or so to post the information you're looking for. In the meantime, you can do search this forum for more on Enchantment.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary, and enjoy your first cruise!

Any bottles of alcohol you buy on the ship cannot be consumed on board. They keep it and send it to your stateroom at the end of the cruise.

The spa. I think a basic massage or facial is about $90 and the rest of the treatments go up from there.

Plan to budget $$ for your drinks. If you expect to spend at the bar, it won't come as such a shock! Drinks range from $3.45 for beer, to about $6 for fancy mixed drinks. (15% is included on your bar tab for tips). At the "meet the captain" night, drinks are comped!! You should be aware that you don't have to take the champagne they offer when you first enter the room. You can go to the bar and get a real drink!

Sorry, but that is not always true. At the captains party, be prepared to pay for any drink ordered outside of what is being passed around by the waiters. If you should be lucky enough to have the drink comped, then be prepared to tip the waiter at least 15% in cash.

Howdy! The Hubbie and I are going on our first cruise (and 1rst vacation in 13yrs) I have a few questions, no doubt you have heard them before :)

1. Alcohol, How much is a bottle of good rum in the duty free shop? I dont plan getting foolish, but I dont want to spend all of my $$ at the bar.

2. Are there any recent daily planners for the Enchantment of the Sea? I am really curious about what to expect.

3. Spas, how much are they?

This will be our first vacation is 13yrs. as well as our 13th anniversery, I only have so much spending money and want to get the best bang for my buck.

Any advice on how to achieve this impossible task is greatly apprieciated.

We will be on the 6-19 sailing of the Enchantment of the Seas

Thanks!

Here is a link that should give you most of the information you are looking for on the Enchantment. http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/enchantmentoftheseas.htm

Archived