Best Duty Free Qld?

Rallo

Just wondering if the Queensland cruisers can recommend the best places to buy electronic gear duty free in or around Brisbane. Did anyone do the TRS thing? Can you even do the TRS thing out of Brisbane? I want to buy a video camera to take on my cruise and was wondering what was the best way to go. Any help would really be appreciated.:)

Just wondering if the Queensland cruisers can recommend the best places to buy electronic gear duty free in or around Brisbane. Did anyone do the TRS thing? Can you even do the TRS thing out of Brisbane? I want to buy a video camera to take on my cruise and was wondering what was the best way to go. Any help would really be appreciated.:)

Yes, you can do the TRS out of Brisbane, they have people out at Pinkenba on emabarkation - and if you do this you can buy you video camera from wherever you want and claim the GST back at the port via TRS, you don't need to go to a duty free shop.

Can't help you with the best duty free shopping if you want to do it that way - the only Duty Free Shopping I've done in Brisbane is at Downtown Duty Free at the International Airport when I've been leaving/arriving by plane - which doesn't really help for cruising! Since you live on the coast maybe you could try some of the shops down there?

Kym

Archived