Magica - just returned

mek

Six coures at dinner, app, soup, salad, pasta, entree, dessert. how many are on other cruise lines? the portions were small, but after i ate 6 courses i was full to the brim. if i didnt like the soup choices (i hate my veggies!) i ordered two pastas or two entrees. and at 6'1" 220 lbs i'm no small time eater.

-imho -Jim

Every single cruise I have ever been on has had that many courses! And you could order items not on the menu and get seconds, or two entrees, too.

Every single cruise I have ever been on has had that many courses! And you could order items not on the menu and get seconds, or two entrees, too.

excellent! sounds like we are in agreement. with respect to this statement, costa is just like any other cruise line.

I was on the same cruise as mek and have also posted on the review thread that she started. I agree with her 100%. I was really hoping for some unique and imaginative menu choices but found none. The food was not of poor quality, but it was prepared in a very uninspired way. To say it was like Olive Garden would be a compliment and I am not a fan of Olive Garden. It was mostly over cooked meat and vegtables. The pasta dishes were OK, but nothing stood out in terms of creativity or taste. I really missed the variety of fresh salads and fruit that I have enjoyed on other cruises. Also, I expereinced service in the dining room and buffet that was below what I have had on other cruises. I don't know if others felt the same, just my experience. We had a wonderful time, the ship is beautiful and Bermuda is paradise! The food and dining service were the only disappointments. But hey, how bad can it be if I don't have to buy it, cook it, and clean it up!! :)

Mek,

I am sorry we did not get the chance to meet. I just finished posting my review. As I was reading yours, I found I had several simular thoughts about this cruise. One thing I did know was that we would bedocking at Naval Dockyard because of the size of the ship. In my research prior to cruising, the bermuda ship schedule listed that we would dock there. I had never been there before and wanted to know exactly where the ship docked, so I could plan a little of how much time I had and what I wanted to see. I hope you were able to do the things you wanted to do on this trip.

Cheryl

That was also true of Magica.....we ordered most anything we wanted...seconds were available on anything so I dont believe that for a moment....

Cheryl - Sorry we didn't get to meet also. Since we booked this cruise only two weeks prior to departure, I really didn't have much chance to do any research and we had been to Bermuda before, so I didn't give it much thought. It really didn't matter much to me because all I wanted from this trip was some R & R, but the people at our table were looking forward to the evening in Hamilton, which ended up not amounting to much. I still think Costa should have mentioned it in the brochure.

Archived