This cruise has been the hardest I've ever tried to pack for Help Ladies

marcyjane

It's 50 lbs per bag.

Southwest still allows you to check 3 bags. As far as I know, it's the only airline left that permits this without additional fees.

Also be sure to check the size of your bags. I think 62 inches is the common allowance, per bag. Some of those large bags and especially the rolling garment bags quickly exceed these limits.

marcyjane

Where are you from in Middle TN? It sounds like you and I are close to the same place. I live about 87 miles west of Nashville.

We are going to Alaska May 31 on Carnival. So I will be taking my winter clothes.

Dayna and John

daynajo,

Hi, I live right in the heart of Middle Tennesse, McMinnville, 75 miles from Nashville and 72 miles from Chattanoog and 45 miles from Murfreesboro.

Have a wonderful cruise I've only got 6 more working days. Yeah!!!

Marcy

marcy We are on the other side of Nashville. We like in Camden, just on the Tennessee river. I have a Uncle that lives in McMinnville. We are on the border of Middle and West TN.

We are colder today in TN than usual. Just getting us ready for the Alaska weather. Can't wait.

Dayna and John

marcy We are on the other side of Nashville. We like in Camden, just on the Tennessee river. I have a Uncle that lives in McMinnville. We are on the border of Middle and West TN.

We are colder today in TN than usual. Just getting us ready for the Alaska weather. Can't wait.

Dayna and John

Dayna,

Who is your uncle I might know him. I see you were on the Sensation in 2002 we were on the Sensation 2003 and loved the ship and the crew.

Marcy

Marcy, My uncle's name is Joe Kinnard.

We were on the Spirit in 2004 going to Hawaii also.

Can't wait to get back on it again. Really I don't care

what ship, I just like to cruise.

A bunch of girls here are planning a cruise for next year.

A 5 day Eastern Caribbean leaving from Port Canaveral

leaving sometime the last of April or first of May.

Dayna and John

Dayna,

Well I don't think I know your uncle.

I as well travel with, "we call us the Hen's" to a lot a places, a lot is week ends or 3 day Holiday trips.

One of the hen's is going on this cruise to Alaska with me. We have a ball, it's time away from our grown kids and grandkids. It's Granny's cruise week Out;)

Marcy

Hi ya'll, I have a shoe question for ya'll.....normally when

on a Caribbean cruise no matter on board or not I am usually

in slides or sandals.

Now, being an Alaskan cruise I realize that is not part of the attire.

But I am wondering...ON BOARD....do most of you gals wear mules?

Clogs? This question is for daytime on board.

Just curious....I have 2 pair of walking shoes and a pair of mules

and moccasins with an open back(wearing on the plane).

They are leather and torquoise...really cute:)

I could wear them on the ship too.

What do ya'll bring? Thanks:)

Lois,

I just want to say that I am completely jealous of you:p ! You just booked this cruise and off you go in a couple of weeks! I have been planning this for almost a year and I don't go until July!

Sorry I can't answer the shoe question, but I just had to share :) !

Hi:) this was very unusual for me but I must say I am very

excited:D

Just remember I will be home wishing I was with you when

you go in July;)

And to be totally honest, this is my last cruise for 2006.....luckly

when I get back it will be almost June so I will have 6 months left

before the next one.:eek:

I hope we both have WONDERFUL CRUISES:D

Hoping someone has a reply for the shoe thing too!

Hi ya'll, I have a shoe question for ya'll.....normally when

on a Caribbean cruise no matter on board or not I am usually

in slides or sandals.

Now, being an Alaskan cruise I realize that is not part of the attire.

But I am wondering...ON BOARD....do most of you gals wear mules?

Clogs? This question is for daytime on board.

Just curious....I have 2 pair of walking shoes and a pair of mules

and moccasins with an open back(wearing on the plane).

They are leather and torquoise...really cute:)

I could wear them on the ship too.

What do ya'll bring? Thanks:)

Lois,

I'm taking 2 pair of tennis shoes, one for shore excurisions and one for ship use and a pair of sandals + a black pair of dress shoes. I'll wear the tennis shoes on the plane so I packing 3 pair.

Marcy

Hi Marcy, thanks:) I think I am ok then. I am not bringing any

sneaks.

2 walking....1 mule.....1 moccasins......2 dressy for evenings

6 pairs total. Not too bad;)

Cindy, I hope you've taken your clothes out of the spacersaver bags by now! They do wrinkle and badly. The best thing is to wrap your clothes in dry cleaner bags (and I've forgotten to ask my "supplier" for them!). We only use the spacesaver bags for things we don't care in they wrinkle and dirty laundry for the trip home.

We leave in a little over a week and planned just on each taking two pairs of jeans. Now I'm worried. Should we have track pants? And where will we find plus sizes on such short notice???

We decided early on not to do the formal nights, so that eliminates the heavy suit. My formal clothes don't take up as much room, but we just didn't feel like doing the dress-up thing this cruise. We're also doing anytime dining, so it won't mess up our dinner companions. Fortunately all my dinner shirts are jersey knits that can be rolled very small and not wrinkle.

It's the pants situation that has me worried now. I'm going to jump on-line to see if there's anything I can get shipped quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Good Morning everyone,

Well today is my last day of work before heading out to Seattle.

Clothes are ready and hanging in the closet ready to pack in the suitcase tommorrow morning and then off to Nashville for the flight to Seattle and then the Star on Sunday the 21st.

I've enjoyed this post about packing for our Alaska cruise and sharing with you all our idea's on what to pack.

Some of us are now on their cruise and some like me are just getting ready to head out and some a few weeks yet to go.

Hope everyone has a great cruise to Alaska and hope that we all packed the right stuff. ;)

Thanks enjoyed,

Marcy

I am waving from Tampa!!! I have no idea what to pack. I bought some of those space saver bags and have a few things packed right now. I am going to wait a week and see if the air stayed out and how bad they wrinkled. If that test works I may try some of the other things I am thinking of taking with me. We are flying to Seatle and then sailing RCC round trip June 16th. It is our 30th anniversary! Packing for the Caribbean is much easier.

Cindy

If you don't want to invest in the space saver bags, use the 2 gallon ziploc bags. They work the same way and are definitely less expensive! I take them on every trip with clean clothes on the way out and filled with dirty clothes on the way home.

We are going on the Vision in less than 45 days! But we still don't have docs but have done everthing on line so all we need is bag tags. I too am confused on what to take. We have 3 nights in Seattle prior to the cruise. We are going to the Boeing plant and will do the duck tour and just relax prior to the cruise. We are going to Ivar's for diner the night before our cruise too. We will be comming from FL so it is already in the 90's here so I think for outer wear I will take a polar fleece jacket a down vest 2-3 T necks some sweat shirts and T shirts. I will aslo take some capri's and jeans as well. Shoes I will have 2-3 dress shoes tennis shoes flip flops and walking shoes. We can't wait to go.

Lexi

Archived