US Customs registration question

ugminer

In my docs it was suggested that I register things of value that I intend to take with us. Would this still pertain as we are US citizens, going to Alaska, not intending to get off the ship in Canada and leaving from and returning to Seattle, Wa? I would kind of think that is for international cruises. Have any of you ever run into a problem at a US port? Thanks

In my docs it was suggested that I register things of value that I intend to take with us. Would this still pertain as we are US citizens, going to Alaska, not intending to get off the ship in Canada and leaving from and returning to Seattle, Wa? I would kind of think that is for international cruises. Have any of you ever run into a problem at a US port? Thanks

Well, you are on an international cruise and the Customs service doesn't know you aren't getting off in Canada - and you could still buy lots on board the ship without paying duty.

Still, we've never had Customs question anything we were carrying - even when we declare it. Some people do, though, feel more comfortable if they register their cameras, jewelry, etc.

If you are not going through US Customs (and you won't be if you fly in and out of Seattle), then this directive doesn't pertain to you.

And even if it did, I recommend taking purchase receipts rather than messing with the forms. Much easier and more reliable.

If you are not going through US Customs (and you won't be if you fly in and out of Seattle), then this directive doesn't pertain to you.

And even if it did, I recommend taking purchase receipts rather than messing with the forms. Much easier and more reliable.

Um, whenever you cruise on a HAL ship (or Carnival, Celebrity, RCCL, - anyone except the NCL Hawaiin boats) you end up going through US customs. The OP's boat does stop in Canada....

Archived