Veranda or Upper Window or not ??

nickle831

Right now I am booked on the upper deck with a window. I was thinking of changing our room to the Veranda because it is a higher deck, but it won't have a window. I will save money if I switch to the Veranda also. I can't decide. Is it better being on a higher deck? Does the window really make that much of a difference? TIA

Nichole

Window makes a huge difference. The room is bigger, and there is a view. It really depends on how long you plan on staying in the room. Not too much time in room, then I would say no view. Also, if there are more than 3 ppl in the room, then I would say go for the window.

Window makes a huge difference. The room is bigger, and there is a view. It really depends on how long you plan on staying in the room. Not too much time in room, then I would say no view. Also, if there are more than 3 ppl in the room, then I would say go for the window.

In all our cruises, we've never had a window - always done an inside room. I don't "need" a window, and I don't feel claustrophobic. I also don't spend a lot of time in the room. I only sleep and get ready in there...I like to be up in the public areas of the ship where things are going on!

I usually buy my specific cabin because I don't want to risk being in the front of the ship. We did that once...It was way too bouncy for me. I pick center of the ship, usually center deck. This last cruise was the first time we were up as high as Verandah. I had NO problems what-so-ever. I actually really liked Verandah!!

I think either Upper (I have been on that level as well) or Verandah are fine. You'll just have to decide if the window is all that important to you or not with the price difference. I know that this sounds really obvious, but if you read on here long enough, you'll learn that it's not to some people....Inside rooms are DARK. Dark!! I mean, you are lucky if there is light coming in the crack under the door to the hallway. Personally, I LOVE that!!! Some people don't.

Good luck with your decision!!

I have done insides. (but have since discovered balconies)

save your money and stay where you are.

the higher you go ona ship themore motion you will feel. You will have to travel some place no matter where you are on the ship- being on the veranda deck puts you under the lido deck and more then likly will have noise when they set up chairs.

First cruise? you have nothing to compare it to..so you have the best world. you wont be in the cabin all that much except to sleep and change.

I'd take an inside on a higher deck any day of the week over an oceanview on a lower deck. My husband and I have enjoyed our rooms on the Lido or Verandah decks more than any other location because of the convenience.

I'd make an exception for a balcony stateroom - they're the best. But I couldn't care less about an oceanview.

Archived