Heavy coat for dining?

ugminer

you can get from your cabin to the d/r without going outside --- a heavy coat is not necessary to go to dinner --- maybe a wrap or a shoulder scarf---------thats what my wife always takes to the d/r --

You will only need a jacket or coat if you go to an outside deck, outside pool or for when you go ashore IF the weather is cool. You could get very lucky and find you don't need outerwear at all......Some folks have come back from Alaska cruises and told us they wore shorts.

It's possible to board a ship and never go outdoors again until it's time to disembark, and have a perfectly marvelous time.

Not that I recommend it, but it is possible.

Now, in Alaska you will want to spend copious amounts of your daytime out of doors---so be prepared for any and all types of weather.

At night there may also be times you want to go outside and enjoy the grandure. Many of those times a gentleman will be comfortable in the jacket he has on for evening wear; a lady will want a wrap.

I hope to spend a lot of time in the great outdoors but think my down jacket would probably clash with my formal wear. Was glad to hear I didn't have to pack my heavy dress coat. Everyone has been real helpful getting me ready for this first one. I thank everyone for taking the time to answer

I think I kinda have a handle on packing for Alaska. Just about like northern Nevada. 70 one day-snowing the next.Take a little of everything, right? One (of many) thing I'm a little fuzzy on. My good jeans and a nice shirt will be perfectly acceptable on board up until 6 o'clock, right? Can that attire go into the Lido and dining room for breakfast and/or lunch? About the time I think I have it figured out I read something else and brings back the doubt if I really understand or not. I'm sorry to bring up dress code again but I think for my comfort and that of other people, I really want to do this right.

I'm so glad to hear you say that. I know I will be much more comfortable in my jeans. I like getting dressed up but but am really in my own element in jeans and comfotable clothes. It sounds more like a real vacation now.

I'm so glad to hear you say that. I know I will be much more comfortable in my jeans. I like getting dressed up but but am really in my own element in jeans and comfotable clothes. It sounds more like a real vacation now.

The real problem with jeans is the amount of weight they add to your luggage...

Archived