Sea Days - leaving out of NY

Amber14

We're booking a HAL cruise out of NY beginning of April 2007 to the Caribbean. Just wondering what are the 4 sea days like - weather wise. Will it be warm enough to enjoy the outside pool and deck on the first and last sea days? Or will it be pretty cold so that you have to stay inside?

Anybody been on a cruise this time of year out of NY that can tell us what it is like on the ship? I wasn't sure where the ship would be the morning of the first sea day. It looks like it might be around Bermuda which is usually pretty warm.

Any help would be appreciated. We love sea days on the ship and are wondering if we should leave out of Florida instead of NY.

My recent NYC round-trip was 3/15-25. I found the weather on 3/16 very nice; 3/24 on the return was cold and stormy, so I came inside early afternoon. The two sea days closer to the Caribbean had lots of people at the outside pool.

I thought the two days 3/17 and 3/23 were hot!, Hot! HOT!

YMMV

We were on the Noordam transatlantic which left NYC on April 15.

It was warm - almost hot - on the sea day between NYC and Bermuda, and warm there although cloudy as well. The rest of the transatlantic crossing was pleasant, shirt sleeves weather, although some strong winds called for a light windbreaker. We each packed three sweaters and they never came out of their drawers! But to be truthful, we are from the northeast and like cooler waether....

To the other posts who said it was warm leaving out of NYC in March and April, that was a fluke. Normally, it isn't that warm here in the Northeast that time of year. We left NYC the third week of May, and it was freezing the first day we left. By the next day it was warming up, but certainly not swimming weather. We left NYC on Wedneday, and by Friday we had nice warm temps (I think we were somewhere around the Bahamas at that point).

Archived