Question about docs...

hawaiideb

We upgraded to a 6e on the Glory Friday afternoon after watching these cabins for a while. (They were all full, upgrades or holds must have cancelled out sometime this past week, and all of a sudden there were a bunch available for our cruise.) Wouldn't you know, on Saturday our docs arrived. They of course have not only the wrong cabin number now, but the luggage tags are also way different (moved to Riveria to Spa deck). Will they re_issue docs or will we just change this info at the pier? We are still 30+ days out from the cruise.

Also, we didn't get a coupon book. Is this a Carnival thing, or am I thinking of another line? We only go tags, docs, and a little welcome aboard booklet. Just wanted to make sure we weren't missing anything.

Thanks!

Debbie

We upgraded to a 6e on the Glory Friday afternoon after watching these cabins for a while. (They were all full, upgrades or holds must have cancelled out sometime this past week, and all of a sudden there were a bunch available for our cruise.) Wouldn't you know, on Saturday our docs arrived. They of course have not only the wrong cabin number now, but the luggage tags are also way different (moved to Riveria to Spa deck). Will they re_issue docs or will we just change this info at the pier? We are still 30+ days out from the cruise.

Also, we didn't get a coupon book. Is this a Carnival thing, or am I thinking of another line? We only go tags, docs, and a little welcome aboard booklet. Just wanted to make sure we weren't missing anything.

Thanks!

Debbie

Hi Debbie, you dont get a Coupon book from Carnival, You must of booked with a TA or some Online company. I like to know if you also booked Guaranteed??

By the way a "e" cat cabin is all they way on top usually.

Fred

Not everyone gets a coupon book. DId your agent promise you one when you booked? (you are not missing much)

Did you book a cat 6E? or guarantee? these can change up til sailing. But if you booked a cat 6E

Your documents may have been sent ut before you asked to be moved. Call your agent and make sure the new cabin is set in place. When you get to the pier ask the porter to look on the manifest and give you correct tags.

DH cashed in Marriott points for a certificate, then we added our DD. We originally wanted a guarantee, but after booking through one specific PVP, we found out that we had to go through the Marriott desk/group specials desk. We then started having a hassle about cost, since everything that would come to us would just state "As agreed" on the paperwork. We finally upgraded ourselves after 3rd passenger rate dropped over $80 on an early June cruise, and we got that amount credited to on board credit.

We did this several years ago, but at the time the same number of Marriott points got us Alaska. We sailed the Spirit when she was about a month old! That cruise was fabulous! We are kinda bummed about the Carribean, since living in Hawaii, we really like cruising north, but Marriott points for an Alaskan cruise wasn't being offered anymore (HAL was all that was offered for Alaska by Marriott), and we wanted to stay on Carnival for DD.

Not really upset about the coupon book I guess, I don't remember using it much anyway!

Debbie

When you get to the pier, the porters can give you the correct tags. To make things a lot easier, bring along some address labels and a sharpie marker. Use the labels to put your info on the new tags and the sharpie to write your new room # on them. That way you don't have to write all that info several times with all the chaos going on (plus you can get on the ship quicker;) ).

As a former Carnival employee at Port Canaveral, I can tell you that if you have an upgrade, you might not get a new ticket book. What you can do is when you get to the port, the porters can check the manifest for your cabin number and you can change out the baggage tags at that point. When you check in, you can tell the agent that your cabin has been changed and they will have no problem checking you in. Just be sure that you take a conformation, or present ticket book, or fun pass with you because they will ask for that at the terminal entrance. The agent at the entrance also has a copy of the manifest to look your name up. Happy sailing.:D

• 1 month later...

we booked gty so our cabin could change from what we have now and was wondering if I print up some labels to put on the new baggage tags, what information is needed? The TBA tags we received had spots for the airline and flight information, do we need that or just name address and a spot to add the cabin number?

steve.

6/18 Sensation.

:D

Hi. That's interesting... A few weeks ago, we received our confirmation papers, which showed an upgrade to 6E. Then, when I put our fanpass info in, I saw that we were booked on Main, 4B. Our TA says that Carnival is claiming a computer glitch that showed 6E's were available for upgrade when they really weren't. Our TA is fighting for us...

Hi. That's interesting... A few weeks ago, we received our confirmation papers, which showed an upgrade to 6E. Then, when I put our fanpass info in, I saw that we were booked on Main, 4B. Our TA says that Carnival is claiming a computer glitch that showed 6E's were available for upgrade when they really weren't. Our TA is fighting for us...

Did you book a guarantee-- even if you get your documents.. your cabin can change up til the sailing date. Please post back and let us know what happened.

Wasnt long ago that a poster got upgraded to a balcony from an oceanview. but when he got to the pier he got what he booked. an oceanview. When booking with the free upgrades it always stated that the 6E and 9A are not part of the free upgrade package. I was very suprised when i read that the poster got a free upgrade to the 6E which sells for hundreds of dollars more then a reg 6 cabin.

The TBA tags we received had spots for the airline and flight information, do we need that or just name address and a spot to add the cabin number?steve.6/18 Sensation.:D

We only write in our name and with a black marker put our cabin # in.

but on a pc of paper right on the inside I put all our pertinent information--in case the bag gets lost.

Will let you know. Frankly, I wasn't expecting an upgrade, so when the docs came, our family was SOOOO excited. Being naive about this (first time cruiser), I thought it was our lucky day... Oh well... It's not like I plan to be in the cabin that much...

Archived