Santorini, Greece private tours

Kootz,

Thanks for your information. I feel safe now to give them my card #. Could you also give me a brief summary of your itinerary. Since this will be our first time there, we would like a good overview of the whole island. Thanks.

Mary Ann

I cannot remember what time we met up with Nikos but we were one of the first tenders out and up the gondola. We did all the places they suggested on their website...Oia Village, Kamari Beach, Profit Elias, and Santo Winery. Also he took us to the most famous and favorite place to get a pic of what is on all the postcards. He showed us where the movie Sisterhood of Traveling Pants was filmed (which I got a kick out of the movie) and the movie Summer Lovers ( I don't remember the movie but our friends did) It lasted the whole five hours. The only thing I would do different is get a gyro for a quick lunch during the tour. We opted to have a cheese tray at the winery but was still hungry. Cheesetray was nothing to brag about and the wine wasn't great either but still fun to do. The gyros are the greatest... After the tour we had him drop us in town so we can shop there as we did not do any shopping during the tour. If you want to send me your email address I will send you some pics of the ones he took...

Santorini is a very small island and to see the principal attractions you might consider doing it on your own. Four of us did and had a ball. We took the donkey ride up, hired a taxi to Oia and drank in the spendor.

Have a look at the following website for an account of Santorini with lots of pictures of Oia (the type you always see in adds). Be sure to explore the little paths leading from the main street.

http://www.*****.com/santorini.htm

Kootz,

Would love to see your pictures. Those on the website for Nikos' company are awesome. My email is : mabeckham@mindspring.com You will get one of those responses to ask to be added to my address book and I will. That way, I will email you with any more questions I may have.

Thanks for sharing your good info and tips. We will be there in early Nov. and hope we have good weather for good pictures.

Mary Ann

Lair Bear,

I am very interested in taking the donkeys up to the top. Could you please tell me if you hired these after you got off the ship. How much it cost, and approx. the length of the ride. Did you end up taking the tram back down? Did you just see the Oia area or is there something else that one should see?

Loved your pictures....looked like great fun!

Lynette

We were on the 6/20 Noordam sailing and we joined a group of fellow CCer's who had booked with http://www.oceanwavetours.com. Our guide was Dimitris Nikolaidis, we had a 6 hour tour and it was 600 euros for 16 people. He met us at the top of the cable car which is 3.50 Euros each way (you can not book a round trip ticket for some strange reason). We saw the entire island and had a great lunch along the beach. You might want to check out the Noordam roll call threads as there is a wealth of information there.

Here is the email address info@oceanwavetours.com

Archived