$75 off next cruise... can I apply it to my current reservation?

DH recieved a mailer yesterday, offering $75 off the price of a stateroom. We're already booked on the 12/17 sailing of Freedom. The offer's fine print states that it's for NEW bookings only. But, I thought I would ask Royal Caribbean if they would let us apply it to our current reservation anyway (it doesn't hurt to try, right?).

Before I call, I was wondering if anyone else has any experience trying this. I recall reading about others being able to apply CCA $50 off coupons after booking, but I'm not sure of the fine print in those cases.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

We had the same experience and tried to apply it to an existing reservation. No go. I talked to a couple of RCI agents myself and my travel agent also tried. I just gave up.

Good luck. I will be interested to know if you get to use it.

Just to let you know....

I booked our 10/06 cruise and we got our $300.00 discount (Diamond). Balcony cabin...$150.00 each

A few weeks later I got a $150.00 C and A coupon in the mail for that sailing and called my TA...He had me give him the code off the back and called it right in. Sure enough, final payment reflects the additional $150.00 off.

This was in March of this year.

We booked and were able to use the $50 C&A coupon after booking but before final payment. Just had to give our TA the coupon code and it was applied and deucted from the amount due at final payment.

Just contacted my travel agent (actually, I used a timeshare exchange to book the cruise - not a great idea, I realize now), who asked me to fax in the coupon so they could forward it to Royal Caribbean... fingers crossed!

Archived