birthdays

Hi, I have never so far but will be this May 22nd on the explorer. I know you can order a cake but heard that they are VERY small. Not sure if you can order a big one. You can also have them decorate your cabin, which may be a better idea. They will do this before you arrive. Just to the rccl website. Hope this helps some..:)

when we have they will bring you a slice of (cake,pie or something) and then there will be a group from the dining room who will come over to sing to you. You can look online at the packages that have things to buy from the cruise line, some have cakes to order and others just have room decore to have put up. If you can not find the online gifts with your cruise line then call them and ask. The person should be able to telll you what can be done and if a cost would be added.

I ordered a birthday cake for my son and it never came :( . However, we told the Head Waiter it was his birthday and they brought him a delicious dessert (better than cake) and sang. So, no need to pay - just inform your waiter.

I just got back on the weekend from Voyager where we celebrated my birthday and my son's. We ordered room decorations for my son at the pursers desk 2 days before we wanted the decorations done. You can have them put up for when you board - but a word of caution - there are a lot of streamers and you won't keep them up all week. The room decorations came with a cake which could be delivered to the room or in the dining room we would be in that night. The cake is small but it served about 4-5 fairly small pieces. Just order dessert too. We had our room steward double check that everything was OK for the decorations the night before. They decorated the room while we spent the day at Labadee. I think you can order just a cake to be delivered at dinner - but just double check the day before as I have heard that they sometimes forget. Even if they did forget, they will bring a special dessert with a candle and sing for you.

Enjoy !!

this cruise coming my going to be 5 year old daughter will be celebrating her birthday for the second time, also my one year old will be celebrating his one year old birthday on board and one of my nieces..... we ordered a cake for my daughter the last cruise. Its more like a square of cake, they don't even frost the sides. nothing special, but we put a candle on it and celebrated on our balcony TWICE (yes they brought us cake two nights in a row) AND in the Dining Room, she also received a cake.... it was okay:cool:

I bought a cake for my dad last year on the Mariner. The came was small, round but was very tasty! It is a perfect size for 4 or so people. I think the price was only $10 or so. I had it delivered to his room.

We celebrated my fieance's birthday last year on Voyager. I had the room decorated; but we skipped the cake (he's egg allergic). We managed to keep the decorations up for the full 10 days (OK, needed to add a bit of tape every now and then too...).

I also ordered him the wine basket and the kids insulated lunch bag/goodie bag. Those are good options for adults.

It was a hoot!

Hi, I have never so far but will be this May 22nd on the explorer. I know you can order a cake but heard that they are VERY small. Not sure if you can order a big one. You can also have them decorate your cabin, which may be a better idea. They will do this before you arrive. Just to the rccl website. Hope this helps some..:)

Theresa!

Happy Birthday! It's my birthday and we'll be on Enchantment the same day. This cruise was a surprise present and I am going out fo my mind with anticipation!

I got a delicious piece of cheesecake with a candle and my name on it the

evening of my 40th Bday on Legend back in December. The best part was

the singing and the musical instruments made out of pots and pans:) The

waitstaff made it fun for an old lady.

Just got off Brilliance a couple weeks ago where we celebrated my son's 7th birthday. Cake was $7 and was enscribed Happy Birthday Peter. It wasn't a huge cake but there was enough for all 9 of us at the table to get a piece. I would say it was a 9-10" round chocolate cake. Just make sure you give your waiter a heads up.

Did anyone ever celebrate birthday on board? Can you order a cake for family at dinner? We are on the September 24th sailing of freedom.

Do you offer Special Occasion Cakes?

Royal Caribbean offers Birthday, Anniversary and Special Occasion Cakes fleet wide for a nominal fee of $7.95 USD.

There are two types of cakes available: Chocolate sponge cake with chocolate butter cream or Vanilla sponge cake with vanilla butter cream, both are decorated with flowers on the left side of the cake. These cakes are 6" round and serve 2-10 people. The name (or names) will be written on the cake with a candle placed on top. A minimum of 6 hours advance notice is required. All cakes that are ordered by 12 noon will be served that evening in the main dining room.

The cake will be charged to your Seapass card or credit card upon request at time of ordering the cake on board the ship.

If you do not wish to purchase a cake, inform your waiter of the special occasion and a "slice of cake" will be provided for the birthday, anniversary or special event. This slice of cake, provided in our main dining room, will be based on the daily cake offerings for that evening. This will serve one person and there is no additional charge. There will be a "happy birthday" or "happy anniversary" placquered on top of the slice of cake.

Archived