Statendam Alaska Cruise Question

cp556

This is my first post as a new member, and I'd like opinions, please.

We're booked on Statendam Alaska Cruisetour, with the land portion first. We're in a Category S. Part of the Suite benefits include complimentary laundry, pressing, dry cleaning during the cruise.

Is it gauche/tacky to present the cabin steward with our 6-7 days worth of laundry from the land portion that preceded the cruise?

Thanks so much....

CP556

Is it gauche/tacky to present the cabin steward with our 6-7 days worth of laundry from the land portion that preceded the cruise?

Thanks so much....

CP556

Not in the least! This is a service you paid for, and the cabin stewards are more than happy to accomodate you. They expect you to take advantage of all the perks that go along with suite you purchased. And they really do a nice job on shirts, starch and hangers!

Just a thought, but we are booked for back to back Alaska cruises, 8-11 Vancouver to Seward, and 8-18 Seward to Vancouver. We usually board the ship armed with fifty dollars in two dollar bills. If there is ever a moment when you feel a need to ask for anything you think is extra, or want to reward extra service, those two dollar bills really get the trick done.

The Staatendam does have laundramats. We prefer to do our own whites, it only costs a couple of dollars. It is just a personal quirk, I don't care to have anyone else handling my underwear.:eek: :D :o

Sooooo, welcome aboard, and relax and enjoy your cruise.:)

I can't answer the laundry question, but did want to tell that the Statendam is a fabulous ship! Our first HAL cruise was on her to Alaska. We celebrated a high school graduation, a 50th wedding anniversary, and a completed cancer treatment among our 10 participants. Everyone loved it.

The ship is elegant and refined. The crew is fabulous and the atmosphere perfect. I hope you enjoy your trip to Alaska as much as we did!!!!

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

Beth

Archived