Are Taxi's and Tour Guides readily available at the dock?

isujim

12 cruises and our first stop in Curacao. Are taxi's and knowledgable tour guides available at the pier? We want about a 3 or 4 hour tour of Curacao.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Hi Jim,

You will find both at the pier.

The independent tour operator's offer a 2 hour tour for $15. This tour in general shows you the liquor factory the east side of the island and the city. Some will drop you of at the beach close to Seaquarium if requested.

You can also deal a tour with the taxi's for 3 or 4 hours if you want to go or see something specific.

Enjoy,

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. Just what I wanted to know about availability. Could you also tell me the places that are a "must" to visit? Are the drivers knowledgable about the places they take you to? It's our first visit and we want to make the most of it. |Thanks.

Hi flo

Fancy bumping into you here..........and thanks for the question........a good one that needs to be answered......

Jim

12 cruises and our first stop in Curacao. Are taxi's and knowledgable tour guides available at the pier? We want about a 3 or 4 hour tour of Curacao.

Thanks in advance

Jim

DH and I were in Curacao 2 years ago and this was our taxi guy. He was very reasonable with his fare and was also very reliable when he had him drop us off at a place and pick us back up - right on time!

The taxi guys name is Donald Martina tel# (5-99) 667-5214 but he also has email so if you wanted to arrange something ahead of time it is:

donaldmartina@hotmail.com

He even stopped on the side of the highway at the huge bridge so we could take a photo (you'll know it when you see it) :)

Like I said it has been awhile but you might try emailing him.

I forgot...he really knew his history of the area. We just had him drive us to a couple of places but he was able to tell us about everything on the way! He also explained the coloring or lack of coloring on the houses which was a pretty interesting tidbit. He seemed to know his stuff and was very friendly.

Thank you so much for the email...........I think we will try and set something up.........appreciate your information.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jim...met you on another board

We rented a car at the dock but even with a map and prepared routes we had trouble finding street signs. If I had it to do over again (probably will someday) I'd take a cab. Tablemates did as well as we did for less$.

The Curacao liquor factory is not much of a tour but they do have good prices on gift packs and bottles of the good stuff. Surprised me that all 3 colors are the same thing but colored differently for bartenders!

Most of the cabs will take you to the Hato Caves near the Airport. That tour was really neat.

We drove to the Nature Park at the tip of the island but would not recommend it. Pretty, but a long trip. I was so surprised about the cactus growing everywhere. Besides my husband had a reaction to the no-see-um-type bugs there.

Next time I want to try walking around the neighborhoods in the old town area. It seemed so pretty as we drove through when we had to get back to the ship.

When we were there about 7 years ago (yes, a long time) we took a ship tour to the Amsted brewery and the liqour factory. I hate to be a complainer but it may have been the worst tour we have taken in over 20 cruises. This time I am seriously considering not even getting off the ship. If we do we will hire a taxi and take a quick tour of the city. It is so pretty, but really there doesn't seem to be much to do. NMnita

Archived