Panama Canal Question

ladymacwilly

OK everyone knows that the Panama Canal charges cruise ships by their weight. (Well maybe not everyone because that would include everyone!) :rolleyes:

Question is, with all you experienced mariners...

What was the least amount charged EVER through passage of the Panama Canal?

I remember hearing about a fellow who swam thru the Panama Canal. Just googled it, his name was Richard Halliburton he swam through the Panama Canal for a very thrifty 36 cents in 1928.

I suppose for further information you could always ask Captain Oldsalt.

Cruiserking

Damn CK! Answered my "trick" question! (You "lil Googler you!)

I posed that question to engneers (cocktail hour), who didn't know the answer who actuallly worked on the Panama Canal. No wonder I only ask these kind of questions in the jacuzzi!

OK, next question, (don't Google it...think about it...) ;)

What is a time piece that has the least amount of moveable parts..and a time piece that has the most moveable parts.

No cheating! Everyone in the jaccuzzi right now! :D

It was actually through my own sheer brilliance recollecting that a fellow had swam thru the canal. Then with the assistance of the good folks at Google I discovered his name.

Hey, I'm game for trivia got to bone up for the Golden Lion, might even snag the door prize.

First part of the answer I would say sundial. As for most moving parts I'll go with an hour glass, those thousands of grains of sand add up to lots of working parts. Whew, brilliant I frighten myself sometimes. Goodnight, I need to rest my brain now.

Cruiserking

Hey, I'm game for trivia got to bone up for the Golden Lion, might even snag the door prize.

I'm an hour & a half too late - I'd have got that as well:) I'm game for trivia - who said "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it"?

Alright Ladymacwilly and all of you other brain teaser fans out there, here's one to test your smarts.

You're strolling along and you come to a fork in the road. There's a cannibal standing at the fork. One road leads to the cannibal's village the other leads to safety. You can only ask the cannibal one question to get home without ending up as the blue plate special, except the cannibal will always lie.

So what question to you pose to the cannibal to end up on the road to safety?

Cruiserking

Was I right? I looked at this thread with some trepidation, thinking you'd be saying close, but not quite!

Your turn to think up the next brain baffler.

I did. I asked who said "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it"?

Anyway, here's another - A man lives on the tenth floor of a tower block. Each morning he takes the lift from the tenth floor to the basement where he parks his car. He takes his car to work and when he returns he parks in the basement again, but this time takes the lift to the sixth floor, going from there to the tenth by the stairs. Why does he walk from floor six to floor ten?

I did. I asked who said "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it"

Darn...wouldn't you know it, after throwing the Art Auctioneer overboard we might have been able to use him...:rolleyes:

I'm guessing it was good ol' Pablo

OK...just had to share this...

I'm thinking I'm so smart, hopefully, figuring out the answer to pnhmrk's puzzling question, on on my own little lonesome.

I relate the story to my hubby when he comes home from work. When I mention the man is either in a wheelchair or a midget, he looks at me and responds... "How can he be in a wheelchair if he has to walk up the stairs?"

ARGH! :mad: (Trouble with marrying a PHD)

I ammend my answer....he's a midget!

(*nothing like feeling smart and stupid at the same time...*):rolleyes:

Bored, bored, bored... No one out to play...

OK...back to the Panama Canal...Name the cruise ship that when built, made it's way to the Panama Canal...and could not fit through! When the Panama Canal said, "You built this ship too big." The response was..."No! You built the canal too small!" (Everyone in the jacuzzi...NO googling!) :D

Eight marbles...all the same size, same colour, etc. although one is more dense than the others, (Stupid marble!) You have a balancing scale but may only use it twice. How do you figure out the most dense marble, (without questioning it, of course) :rolleyes:

The answer to your marbleous question, Lady (I had to think a half a minute, I almost answered wrong!)

You weigh two sets of three marbles each.

If both are equal, your heavy marble is in the unweighed batch, If one is heavier, than the other, that one contains your heavy marble.

Then you weigh two of the three marbles from the "heavy" batch. If the two are equal, then the unweighed one is your heavy marble. If one is heavier than the other, than obviously that one is your heavy marble!

How did I do?

Karie,

Who says she is not required to think on Saturdays!

Bored, bored, bored....

Time for a joke...

There is a cannibel (sp?) in the most remote places of deepest, dark Africa. He captures an Englishman, a French man and an American.

He tells his captured "audience" he has both good news and bad news, which would they like to hear first?

The bad news! "OK, we are going to kill the lot of you and make your skin into a canoe." The good news; "You get to choose how you die."

The French man asks for a sword, sais, "Viva la France", and impales himself!

(I told you this was funny stuff, right?) :rolleyes:

The Englishman asks for a pistol, sais, "God save the Queen!" and blows his brains out.

(Does it get any funnier than this?) ;)

The American answers, "Give me a fork!" The headhunter obliges until he see's the American stabbing himself several times with the fork!

The head hunter asks, "Good God, man what are you doing???"

The American's response.......

"So much for your Freakin' canoe!"

:D

Okay,

Two men walk into a bar!

OUCH!

They should watch where they're going!

Karie,

who thinks Maria is lurking here with something about some Greek God or something. (Or maybe she's lurking WITH some Greek God or something!)

Archived