Info on cruising in July

Karencruiser43

Hotter than blazes with extreme humidity. I can't imagine anyone going there that time of year, but there are all sorts of people on this earth and there are probably some who like it that way. Won't be crowded though. Alaska in January will be uncrowded too.

My husband and I cruised the Eastern Route in 2004 and doing the Western Route this year, both in July. I'm not a heat or sun seeker, but can honestly say we didn't find the heat or humidity suppressive. Of course we live in Texas, so maybe we are already acclimated to the higher temps. We enjoyed water excursions in port and found the ship offered cool spots when needed and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Plan to do the same this year, only in different ports.

The seas were calm and beautiful, since all the terrible weather came afterwards. Can't speak for what it is like on board, when there are hurricanes on their way.

We have always cruised at the end of July (school vacation times) and it has always been HOT- high 80's....but the only place we noticed the humidity was in Miami or Orlando pre-cruising. Once down in the Caribbean it was hot but not oppressively so- of course we are dressed in shorts and swimsuits half the time,so..... It is hot if you are walking around the shops though. In Grand Cayman last year we decided we were just going to shop- no excursions- but it was so packed and there were lines to get into every store we said "forget this" after about an hour,and headed back to the ship and the pool...

Ports, depending upon how many ships are docked.

I would think summer has many more families than spring break, especially families with younger children. I'm taking a guess as I don't vacation during either time. I'm sure others will be more helpful regarding the crowds. ;)

We have always cruised in July because that is when our anniversary is. In fact, we are doing the Eastern Caribbean in July this year. It is hot and humid but not too bad. The islands all get great breezes as does the ship. You do take the risk of a hurricane but we have never had any problems (knock on wood). For the most part, you will be in a bathing suit either on the beach or near a pool so you should not have any problems! Happy cruising!!!

Yes it gets hot but who cares its not Arizona and as far as hurricanes Facts have it is- that they dont get real friendly till the end of august and sept and october when the cooler northeast of the usa temps drop and it still cooking in the south then they start getting very organized ---You may see hurricanes develop from Africa and come across the Atlantic in July or August but then it usually takes that right turn to the north to nowhere ....but when we are in the first few weeks of a new school year and football season and all the way till holloween :eek: thats when the finger of God comes and lets us know whos the boss!!!:eek:

Archived