Georgetown, Grand Cayman Shore trip

We did the stingray city trip last trip and wondered what is a good shore trip for a family that includes 2 teenagers. They are land locked kids so scuba is not feasable. Counting down to September 24 and want to wrap up the loose ends for shore trips. Freedom here we come!!!!!!!!!!!

The Atlantis submarine is a neat trip, if they aren't claustrophobic! A regular old island highlights trip is fun, too, with the trip to Hell (tourist trap for sure, but bizarre enough to be worthwhile) and the turtle farm. There's also a Hard Rock Cafe there, naturally, which my children love.

We did the stingray city trip last trip and wondered what is a good shore trip for a family that includes 2 teenagers. They are land locked kids so scuba is not feasable. Counting down to September 24 and want to wrap up the loose ends for shore trips. Freedom here we come!!!!!!!!!!!

Landlocked? Encourage them to do something different for a change. We went scuba diving the one and only time in grand cayman (LOVED IT) , and have not done it since.. cruising offers many opportunities to do something different that we would normally not do.. THAT is what they should do.. something entirely different!

The beach is always my choice--and there are tons to choose from. Almost every beach rents waverunners, jetskis, floats, etc... We've done alot of different excursions. I now cruise for the warm weather and great beaches!

Hello - we have been to Grand Caymen many times and usually do the beach or the stingray. Last Feb we did the ships excursion with the Jeep 4x4 with our two teenage boys and we all loved it. There is a bit of everything plus you are in a caravan of jeeps with others...beach, snorkel at a great spot with a pool if they like...my family loved it the best of any tour that we have taekn. Have fun!:)

We booked a private charter through Capt. Marvin's we had a group of 23 and had the boat to ourselves. The price was around $30pp (? or close to that). We had a great time with the stingrays and felt very safe with the saged Capt. I would highly recommend Capt. Marvin's. I didn't save his website/info - sorry!

Karen

Boingy300, we are going to Grand Cayman in March 07 and plan to go on a Stingray City excursion. I am looking at the ones offered by RCCI as well as private companies on line. One of the companies I have communicated with is Capt Marvin and they have given me their prices. Tell me more about what you thought about their tour and why you would recommend them over someone else. I am finding this hard to decide. The price is not a lot different between the companies, even RCCI.

Hi Billy Metz, I am not on this thread until now, but let me say how great the trip is with Capt. Marvin. They really care about your excursion and want everyone to have a good time. I sent my son and his family with them last year(3 children 3-12) and they had a ball. Then I went in Feb. with them and loved every minute. They have a nice punch and water on board for all and their equipment was in good shape (but I take my own). The places they took us we were first there and usually all alone. They try to find places that are not crowded and I appreciated that. Next trip to Cayman, I want to do an all day tour with them. Any questions...? Myra

I agree with the poster above. Capt. marvin's was pleasant, clean and away from "the herd". The only time you are near other cruisers is at Sting Ray city, but Capt. staff gets in and feeds the sting Ray's so they are ariound you. They make sure everyone has a chance to hold one as well. I've done both RCCL's excursion to Sting Ray and Capt. Marvin's I recommend the Capt, but you won't make a bad choice with this excursion.

Karen

Archived