Live from the Dawn

Hi everyone:

Sorry for the delay - but been busy since back - Back in work today.

We have a wonderful time on the DAWN despite the bad weather.

I really wish it was warm and sunny everyday but no cruise is a bad cruise.

I am a picky eater so I don't understand how people can say the food was just fair, etc. I and Marion thought the food was very good to excellent. The service was as always the best.

The ports are great with alot of sea time which we love.

I would recommend this cruise to anyone. One of our best.

We booked the Pride of Aloha while on board. Never did the Hawaii

cruise so we are really excited about going in August 06.

Anyone have any info on this.

By the way, we were in our house by 9:30 a.. on saturday and there were three (3) ships in NYC that day. Smooth getting off.

It looks beautiful in Bermuda again today.

Take care,

Dave

Next live update - Pride of Aloha - 8/06

Thanks Jackie - Enjoy your cruise to Bermuda in a few weeks.

Dave

You're welcome Dave. Thank you for the good wishes. It's not the Dawn, but I'm sure it will be great. Will try to do a 'live report'. There is very little info on the boards about the Majesty in comparison to other ships.

Jackie

Dave, Welcome Home!!! Thanks for sharing your cruise with us! I looked forward to reading your review every day and you did not disappoint!

Glad you had such a wonderful time! We'll be on the Dawn for the 1st time in November and I can hardly wait!

~Connie

Hi, Clutterlady, I was a shipmate of yours--sorry you didn't like the food.

Believe me I am NOT a fussy eater and my dh will eat just about anything, but there were some nights that we were really hard pressed to find anything edible. Last night it was so bad that we just headed for the Blue Logoon and had a hot dog!

Amazing. That same night my party was dining at the Venetian, eating leg of lamb, tandoori chicken and mahi-mahi--starters were slivered beef with apples and quiche, desserts included vanilla souffle and chocolate velvet cake. There were two other entree choices, plus the ever present salmon or chicken option. All food was delicious, beautifully presented and impeccably served. I would rather have been tossed overboard than eat a hotdog that night.

Complete menu for that evening here: (thanks to NJ Cruiser).

http://community.webshots.com/photo/546965658/2566487770085053152IhEkKC

So very glad you enjoyed your meal. We did not! So, what's the point?

With respect, my point is perspective. You didn't even try the meal offered at the main restaurants that night because you thought you wouldn't like them. You chose to pass up lamb, two kinds of fish, two kinds of chix, etc. in favor of a hot dog. To say what else was available give other posters more of the full picture of the choices so they can make their own decisions.

I wish you the best and hope you enjoy your next cruise more.

Thanks for posting live from your vacation. I am on the 5/27 DAWN sailing and was wondering who the CD was on your cruise? Was he/she any good. I read somewhere that Matt Baker is taking some time off and I had heard good things about him so I was a little dissapointed. Was hoping you could relieve some of my fears and tell me that they have a great replacement :)

Thanks!

We are cruising on the Dawn on the 17th of June, and can not wait. A little concerned aobut the meal comments, but as was stated we will wait and decide for ourselves.

Thanks to Dave for the BLOG, great information.

Question about Nassau. We get there at 8PM Wednesday, and leave at 12 PM on Thursday. Is that NOON? Pretty limited time to see anything in that case. I hope they mean midnight. Plese advise.

Question about Nassau. We get there at 8PM Wednesday, and leave at 12 PM on Thursday. Is that NOON? Pretty limited time to see anything in that case. I hope they mean midnight. Plese advise.
Yep, that's 12 p.m. as in Noon!:eek: :)

Archived