Cruise 'Virgin' has question

oldmovieguy

Hi Folks

We are thinking of 10 night Ultimate Caribbean 16th Nov 2007 on CONSTELLATION in 'Concierge' class cabin.

Question (a) Is this a good trip for Cruise (but otherwise very well travelled) 'Virgins'.

(b) Sky or Panorama Decks.

Any thoughts would be useful to us.

Many Thanks

This is a great cruise for a "Newbie" and the Concierge cabins are wonderful too.

I think that you will enjoy the aft section of the Sky deck from 9129 and 9110 and 9170 and 9140 to the stern. There are no Concierge cabins on Panarama...as far as I know. The reason you will enjoy the aft section is because those cabins are located under the Cafe and Grill which are carpeted so there is very little noise transfer to your cabin...and you will have easy access to the above and to the elevators.

Enjoy!!!

Hi Folks

We are thinking of 10 night Ultimate Caribbean 16th Nov 2007 on CONSTELLATION in 'Concierge' class cabin.

Question (a) Is this a good trip for Cruise (but otherwise very well travelled) 'Virgins'.

Many Thanks

IMHO, the best cruise for a newbie is the Panama Canal trip.....but try to get an aft cabin, or at least a cabin with a balcony.

I would not recommend the aft cabin first time out.

Panaroma deck sounds good.

Say cabin numbers 8108 through 8150 - both sides.

No club or public area above or below - you got a balcony.

No rocking on the aft if the weather does not go right.

Remember first timers.

Hi Folks

Many Thanks

Hi Oldmovieguy !

You picked the right Line, ship & itinerary. The 10 night Ultimate Caribbean is one of Celebrity's best Caribbean itineraries. I would recommend panorama deck over sky deck, as you have public areas above sky deck, and the cabins are more likely to be noisy.

I also agree with Longboys, and say do not go for an extreme aft cabin for your first cruise. Yes, there are benefits to them (such as a larger balcony), but they can also have vibration issues. I would save that experience for another time.

You did well. Stick with the plan, and let us know if you have any questions.

Many Thanks to all you nice folk, it does make things a bit easier to know there is a whole shipload of experts at my elbow. But, as in all things, the more you know, the more you want. We are now looking at a sky suite on the same cruise as it seems to offer just that bit more space to spread out in. So if anyone has a view on this, I'm all ears.

HI OLDMOVIEGUY!!! SKY SUITES...GO FOR IT!!! But only on Panarama Deck as these are quieter than Sky Deck.

Hi Andy...we have done the Concierge cabins on M Class and I can say that the aft 1/4 of the ship under the cafe is great. No noise at all and a very convenient location...I loved being able to run up 1 flight of stairs to get goodies from the Cafe and then back to my cabin...NICE!!!

ROSS

HI OLDMOVIEGUY!!! SKY SUITES...GO FOR IT!!! But only on Panarama Deck as these are quieter than Sky Deck.

Hi Andy...we have done the Concierge cabins on M Class and I can say that the aft 1/4 of the ship under the cafe is great. No noise at all and a very convenient location...I loved being able to run up 1 flight of stairs to get goodies from the Cafe and then back to my cabin...NICE!!!

ROSS

Hi Ross !

How are you ? I hope all is well.

The only reason I suggested to stay away from the Aft cabins, is that the OP is new to Cruises. Also, some have complained of noises from upstairs, and the usual aft vibration. I totally agree, it is a great location though.

HI ANDY!!!

I understand your concerns regarding the aft section. Looks like Oldmovieguy will be heading for the Suites...NICE!!!

I am fine thanks...will be going out on the FREEDOM OF THE SEAS this Sunday for a 1 nighter...test run...review to follow...of course!!!

ROSS

Archived