Movies on the Zaandam

Travelbug66

Hello,

I will be taking my very first cruise and it will be to Alaska on the Zaandam, May 26th from Seattle. I can't wait! I'll be traveling with my sister and parents. Do you know if they show movies every night and what types of movies do they show - newer movies. Also, are the movies shown during the same times as the shows?

Thanks. Nancy

I just got off the Zaandam. We didn't go to see any movies, but I do remember "Walk the Line" (the Johnny Cash movie with Reese Witherspoon). We travelled with friends. I'll ask them what they remember and I'll get back to ya! I will say there are movies on your tv constantly running (one of them was "The Producers" with Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane), plus the theatre movie, plus DVD's you can check out of the Exploration Lounge area and play on the DVD in your room. The DVD selection was pretty good and they had some recent releases, i.e., "Capote".

I was on the Zaandam May 5 - 12. There are 2 tv channels with 2 movies each repeating all day, then changing for the next day. The movies that show in the Wajang theater are selected from those movies. There will be a looseleaf notebook on the desk in your room which has a TV tab listing each of the channels and what is on. In addition to The Producers, I remember Rumor has It. There is also a channel which shows "classic TV shows" like Hart to Hart, Friends, Green Acres and a bunch more. They also seem to repeat during the day. ESPN, CNN and AMC are also represented. There is also a "classic movie" channel which had among others Fort Apache.

Enjoy

Rich

I was on the Zaandam 4/4. There was a different daily movie in the Wajjang, which would play at 2 different times, one in the afternoon, one closer to evening. The same movie would then play on your room tv the next day or so.

Some that played while I was onboard: Walk The Line, Aeon Flux, Yours Mine Ours, Cheaper By The Dozen 2, The Greatest Game Ever Played.

Brown Eyed Gurl's post reminded me of two other movies shown 5-12 May.

1. Annapolis - story of midshipmen at US Naval Academy

2. Glory Road - might be the correct name for her "The Greatest Game Ever Played". Road to NCAA Championship for Western Texas Miners, ending in a victorious game over Kentucky.

Both are shown on IMDB as being released this year

Rich

Archived